[Mb-civic] Solid evidence that U.S. plans to control Iraq indefinitely

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Thu Mar 3 21:20:17 PST 2005

Re:  Solid evidence that U.S. plans to control Iraq indefinitely

====
Clearly, the Bremer Orders fundamentally altered Iraq's existing laws. For
this reason, the Bremer Orders are also illegal.  Why?  Because the
transformation of an occupied country's laws violates the Hague
regulations of 1907 (the companion to the 1949 Geneva conventions, both
ratified by the United States), and the U.S. Army's Law of Land Warfare.
Indeed, in a leaked memo, British attorney general, Lord Goldsmith, warned
Tony Blair that "the imposition of major structural economic reforms would
not be authorized by international law."
======

I love the Internet, heh.  It's good for some people, word gets around, tons
of people learn things, etc etc, good tool for communication, year by year
it's "catching on", yet, even as some people swear by it as the ultimate of
ultimate, and it does indeed have "meaning" and "value", it remains,
unfortunately, a Minority communication tool at this point in regards to a
Majority of people like Americans having absolutely no idea whatsoever what
an "Alternet" is, nor expressing any desire whatsoever to go find it, if
even they have access to do so, which so far a Majority of them do not.

That said, the "100 Rules" Bremer sat down for the Americanization of Iraq
into the 52nd? State of the USA, again, a Majority of Americans never even
heard of it, or if they did (which is highly unlikely), they have no desire
to delve further into the fine print, and remain quite satisfied that
whatever is in it, it must surely put some kind of deserved punishment on
those filthy Iraqis who wear those giant turbans, eat curried rice, and sing
songs of praise to Shiva sacrificing their young as suicide bombers in
Finland, who blew up The World Trade Centers.

Although, yes, such a document *remains* completely Illegal, or "against the
law" of both man and nature, I must remind Lord Goldsmith that "we" ARE "The
Law" at this late date of "we can do anything we want, you are with us or
against us".

We don't give a flying crap about him, laws, conventions, or anything else
in the face of our goals being met, the completed takeover of the Middle
East oil fields, and our fresh direction of America attacking and invading
Iran under Israeli guidance.

I will, however, give Lord Goldsmith at least the thought of consolation
that some day in The Distant Future, these "100 Rules" will form the crux
and basis of the actual Revolution that the Iraqi people will one day find
themselves fighting to simply get rid of people who have turned out to be
worse than anyone named Saddam Hussein ever was, just so they can feel at
least half human again and begin pretending to their children once more that
they at least own their own country.

It's not much, it's going to cost several more 100's of thousands of dead
Iraqi men women and children Civilians, but it's all I have to offer at the
moment.

Lord Goldsmith will just have to live with that just as the 100,000 dead
Iraqi Civilian men women and children buried under the ground in their own
country holding up their fingers stained with purple ink smiling and
laughing have to.

Enclosed is a photograph of the blueprint of one of our new military bases
we have planned for Iraq.  You will notice the big screen tv, pool, and
ample lounging facilities.  I would also have enclosed pictures of the 1,600
American soldiers who people like Bremer, Bush, Blair, and Halliburton found
fit to sacrifice for The Oil Industry (among other things) but we here in
the land of Freedom are still not allowed to photograph them.