[Mb-civic] Egyptian Feminist Nawal El Saadawi on Bush's 'Democratization' of Middle East: "We Were Fighting For Years...They Deprive Us of Our Struggle"

michael at intrafi.com michael at intrafi.com
Thu Mar 3 10:40:49 PST 2005

michael  ( michael at intrafi.com )
sent you this story from democracynow.org

|  Egyptian Feminist Nawal El Saadawi on Bush's 'Democratization' of Middle East: "We Were Fighting For Years...They Deprive Us of Our Struggle"
|  http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/03/03/1524226

Amid growing street protests, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has called on parliament to change the constitution to allow opposition candidates to run for president. We speak with famed Egyptian feminist, psychiatrist and author, Nawal El Saadawi. She has been jailed, threatened with death and now plans to run for president. [includes rush transcript]
This story continues at: