[Mb-civic] Impeach Bush Update

Democrats.com activist at democrats.com
Fri Jul 29 17:09:54 PDT 2005

Democrats.com is a co-founder of AfterDowningStreet.org, which is raising awareness of the Downing Street Memos, the British documents that prove George Bush lied to Congress and the American people about his plan to invade Iraq.

According to a recent Zogby Poll, 42% of Americans think Bush should be impeached for lying about Iraq - compared to only 26% of Americans who thought Clinton should be impeached after Monicagate. Inside Republican-controlled Washington DC, the word "impeachment" is strictly taboo - but Democrats.com is proudly breaking that taboo. Help us by forwarding this to your friends!

###AfterDowningStreet.org###

MEDIA ACTIVISM NEEDED NOW

Most of the corporate media ignored the mass events on July 23rd and ignored the introduction of Congresswoman Barbara Lee's Resolution of Inquiry.

Please Contact National Media Outlets:
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/1084

We have put together a tool kit for you to make it easy to work on your local media as well, with letters, phone calls, op-eds, editorial board meetings, and protests.

Get Tools to Bring Your Local Media Around:
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/748

LEE'S RESOLUTION: 37 CO-SPONSORS AND COUNTING

Congresswoman Barbara Lee and 37 co-sponsors are backing a Resolution of Inquiry which, if passed, will require the White House and the State Department to "transmit all information relating to communication with officials of the United Kingdom between January 1, 2002, and October 16, 2002, relating to the policy of the United States with respect to Iraq." If the Downing Street Documents are not accurate, this is the White House's opportunity to prove it.

If your Representative is not a co-sponsor (http://tinyurl.com/8mzrn), we need you to ask him or her to become a co-sponsor of H.Res. 375. Many, even possibly some Republicans, will co-sponsor this, but they have to be asked.

Please do all three of the following:

Email your congress member:
http://www.democrats.com/peoplesemailnetwork/50

Phone your congress member:
http://www.usalone.com/get_instantcongress.htm

Fax your congress member:
http://www.usalone.com/get_instantcongress.htm

Find more information and flyers about the Resolution:
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/902

TAKE PART IN DFA MEETUPS ON WED. AUGUST 3

Democracy for America is taking up the cause of promoting investigation of the Downing Street Memos.  They have organized meetings all over the country on Wednesday, August 3, and you can sign up for one here:

http://dfa.meetup.com/

Later in the month of August, DFA will organize meetings with Congress Members while they are home in their district offices.  Sixty of these  meetings have already been scheduled.  At these meetings, people will ask their Congress Members to co-sponsor Rep. Lee's Resolution.  To help organize these events, participate in the MeetUps on Wednesday.

REP. BECERRA TO HOLD TOWN HALL MEETING JULY 30

On Saturday, July 30, Congressman Xavier Becerra will hold a town hall forum on the Downing Street Minutes at Lincoln Heights Center in Los Angeles, California.
Local Start Time: 11:00 a.m. PT
Address: 2323 Workman Street
Los Angeles, California
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/596

REP. FRANK TO HOLD TOWN HALL MEETING JULY 31

On Sunday, July 31, Congressman Barney Frank will hold a town hall forum on the Downing Street Minutes at Arlington Street Church in Boston, Massachusetts.
Special Guests Include constitutional law expert and co-founder of AfterDowningStreet.org John Bonifaz.
Local Start Time: 6:30 p.m. ET
Address: Arlington & Boylston Streets (just West of Boston Commons)
Boston, Massachusetts
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/596

Join the Veterans for Peace Bush Tour for Impeachment

Veterans for Peace just announced a bus tour across the U.S. to take impeachment to the heartland. They will leave California on Sept. 3 and head to Oregon, Washington, Canada, the midwest and northern states on their way to Washington D.C. for the big anti-war/impeachment march on September 24.

The tour organizers are looking for local activists along the way who could host stops:

"We would love to help veterans start Veterans For Peace Chapter in their area. We will bring all the required information for forming a Veterans For Peace Chapter. We also want to support organizations that focus on youth and recruiting, We have a great deal of material to hand out. We also carry cases of the comic book 'Addicted To War' and Tie Die Tshirts that have the VFP logo and quotes from well known artists and peace activists that we sell to support the bus.

"For overnight stops, showers and overnight parking for the bus is required. Beds are an option as we have bunks on the bus. We usually have ten people on the bus, male and female.

For more info visit:
http://www.vfproadtrips.org/

Media Relations & Event Stops contact Gordon Soderberg:
gordonsoderberg at mac.com
707-536-3001

Donations and rider/speaker requests: Patrick Tate
pjtate at sonic.net
707-536-3001

"Indict Rove, Impeach Bush"

This slogan has a certain ring to it, doesn't it? Imagine if this slogan was ringing out all over the country - at protest marches, on bumper stickers, on t-shirts, etc. That could happen if this slogan wins the Moveon slogan contest which ends on August 2. To vote, click the link below, then search for this slogan, which is near the top. Check both the upper left box (agree) and the bottom box (5 stars), then go to the bottom of the page to click on "submit my ratings." (Thanks to Richard Mathews!) http://tinyurl.com/b8n6z

Watch/Hear July 23 Events
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/314

HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS?
**DONATE**
We're doing great things, but they all cost money. Please contribute:
http://elandslide.org/elandslide/edonate.cfm?campaign=ads

BUILD A MOVEMENT: FORWARD THIS EMAIL

SUBSCRIBE TO GET THESE UPDATES:
http://elandslide.org/elandslide/subscribe_module.cfm?campaign=ads

#####

To unsubscribe from AfterDowningStreet Updates, click here:
http://archive.democrats.com/unsub.cfm?email=mb-civic@islandlists.com&fieldname=L16

To unsubscribe from all Democrats.com mailings, click here:
http://archive.democrats.com/unsub.cfm?email=mb-civic@islandlists.com&fieldname=L1

If you received this from a friend, you can subscribe at:
http://afterdowningstreet.org