[Mb-civic] Arianna Huffington - Judy Miller: How Deep Do Her Connections Run?

Mike Blaxill mblaxill at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 10:04:34 PDT 2005

Arianna's on fire w/these Judy Miller
dispatches...

Arianna Huffington
Judy Miller: How Deep Do Her Connections Run?

The more I'm reading about Judy Miller and her
actions leading up to and during the early days
of the war, and then through the unfolding
Plame-Rove-Libby-Gonzalez-Card scandal, the more
I’m struck by the special access and
relationships she enjoyed with many of the key
players in the Iraq debacle (which, at the end of
the day, is really what Plamegate is all about).

For starters, of course, we have her still
unfolding involvement in the Plame leak. Earlier
this month, Howard Kurtz reported that Miller and
Libby spoke a few days before Novak outed Plame
-- and I’m hearing that the Libby/Miller
conversation occurred over breakfast in
Washington. Did Valerie Plame come up -- and, if
so, who brought her up? There is no question that
Miller was angry at Joe Wilson
 and continues to
be. A social acquaintance of Miller told me that,
once, when she spoke of Wilson, it was with “a
passionate and heated disgust that went beyond
the political and included an irrelevant bit of
deeply personal innuendo about him, her mouth
twisting in hatred.”

Miller’s special relationships go much further
than Scooter Libby, Richard Perle and the rest of
the neocon establishment. Take her involvement as
an embedded reporter during the war with the
Pentagon’s Mobile Exploitation Team (MET) Alpha
-- the unit charged with hunting down Saddam’s
WMD. As extensively reported by both Kurtz and
New York Magazine’s Franklin Foer, Miller’s time
with the unit was highly unusual...

Rest is here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/arianna-huffington/judy-miller-how-deep-do_4845.html