[Mb-civic] Hastert to Can Patrick Fitzgerald?

Mike Blaxill mblaxill at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 08:26:12 PDT 2005

Hastert to Can Patrick Fitzgerald?
By Josh Marshall

Late this evening I got emails from a few readers
who told me about a news story on Chicago's
Channel 9, WGN-TV which pointed out that Patrick
Fitzgerald's term as US Attorney in Chicago is
coming up in October and that pressure is
building to deny him a reappointment.

As it was described to me, the news segment
featured an interview with former Sen. Peter
Fitzgerald (R)(no relation), who suggested that
Denny Hastert might be pushing to turn Fitzgerald
out of his job.

http://www.tpmcafe.com/story/2005/7/27/232930/764