[Mb-civic] Iraq-Et

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sat Jul 23 14:44:52 PDT 2005

Re:  Iraq-Et

======
This war has now cost us, what?  300 billion dollars?

Imagine...  If we had taken a fraction of that dough:

And just bribed the appropriate "officials..."
=======

CheeseComment:

Excellent point.

While your words tempt me to make an entire lengthy list up about what we
could actually have done with $300 Billion instead of creating the deaths
and woundings of thousands of American etc G.I.s, the slaughter of 100,000
Iraqi civilian men women and children, the creation of a breeding ground for
"Terrorism" itself, the destruction of almost the entire historical and
archeological artifacts documents etc of Iraq's priceless thousands of years
old history, the pleasure it has brought us to create such torture places as
Guantanamo, Abu Graib, etc, and the joy it has brought us to do
Extraordinary Renditions of "suspects" to 2nd countries exclusively for the
purpose of torture in the name of Democracy and the freedom-loving people of
America, I will just make up a short one, and leave the rest for others to
fill in.

With $300 Billion we could have (perhaps):

Found the cure for all cancers in the world.
Found the cure for AIDS.
Found the cure for all spinal diseases.
Found the cure for just about anything you can think of.
Saved millions of people dying in Africa etc.
Bought the entire country of Iraq almost outright.
Bought off Saddam Hussein himself.
Bought off a handful of people like Osama bin Laden and Ariel Sharon, in one
fell swoop.
Changed the entire American education system for the better, actually
finding some teachers who can spell, do math, and don't still believe we are
a province of England.
Bought off almost the entire "Islamic Jihad" movement, again, in one fell
swoop.
Bought off at least one Communist Chinese leader for at least half an hour.
Bought at least one WalMart store in one small American town for at least 3
minutes.
Bought off Cheney, Bush, Wolfowitz, Rove, Rice, etc, and all the NeoCons for
at least 3 seconds.

Well, my lists get too long and too funny and too tired too quickly.

Suffice it to say, yes, there is a lot of really creative, good,
constructive things we could have done with $300 Billion, but we chose the
great American way of death, destruction, endless uselessly sacrificed
innocent lives, to create an actual breeding ground for people we need to
keep well-financed and always at the gates of America so our arms dealers
etc will never have to wonder where their next buck is coming from.

Since we just give Israel $4 Billion each year, we could have actually paid
them off for like the next 75 years or something and just be done with it.

Yes, there's all kinds of things we could have done with that kind of huge
money, but we chose instead to keep the catalysts for the profits of
American and Other warmongers up and running, healthy, and in good spirits,
until just about the end of time.

All in all a relatively good day's work for a huge pile of assholes who keep
telling us that we should never worry because they are looking out for our
best interests.

Our only consolation is the knowledge of the fact that with friends like
them, we will always have enemies........

p.s.:  Someone please wake me up when the Alan Greenspan trial comes on tv.