[Mb-civic] Tell your friends: Oppose John Roberts' Supreme Court Nomination

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at msn.com
Sat Jul 23 13:21:05 PDT 2005

Hello,

In the past weeks, Republicans and Democrats have called on President Bush to nominate a moderate for the Supreme Court - someone who would honor the legacy of independent Justice Sandra Day OConnor.  But last night, President Bush nominated Judge John Roberts, a far-right lawyer and corporate lobbyist, to fill her post on the Supreme Court.

Weve got to stop Roberts.  He opposed clean air rules and worked to help coal companies strip-mine mountaintops.  He worked with Ken Starr (yes, that Ken Starr), and tried to keep Congress from defending the Voting Rights Act.  He wrote that Roe v. Wade should be "overruled," and as a lawyer argued (and won) the case that stopped some doctors from even discussing abortion.

Join me in signing MoveOns petition to let our Senators know we expect them to oppose John Roberts right now at:

http://political.moveon.org/roberts

Thanks.