[Mb-civic] How did Bush I feel about C.I.A. leakers?

Jef Bek jefbek at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 22 19:52:54 PDT 2005

Former C.I.A. officials testified at a Congressional hearing today. They
were all furious with the Bush administration. Here is Senator Waxman's
closing comment:

"I just want to close by quoting the first President Bush, after whom we
named the CIA  headquarters.   And in a speech he made to the CIA on April
26th, 1999, he said, "Even though I'm a tranquil guy, now at this stage of
my life, I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view, the most
insidious of traitors." Very strong language, and you sometimes wish this
president would talk to his father and get some of the wisdom that he's had
from over the years."