[Mb-civic] Addendum

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jul 21 20:28:16 PDT 2005

All:

Apparently, 69% of those responding to a NY1 poll have indicated that they are in favor of this action.  I had hoped for better from my fellow citizens, especially given that we were overwhelmingly opposed to the war in Iraq (over 90%), and a recent Zogby poll indicated that over 50% of NY-ers do not believe the "official story" regarding the events of 9/11 - i.e., they believe that Bush & Co. either "LIHOP" (let it happen on purpose) or "MIHOP" (made it happen on purpose).

Apparently, even supposedly savvy New Yorkers are willing to forego civil liberties and freedom in the name of an illusory "security."  And this, even though there has been no suggestion that NY is a target of any potential terrorist action.

Peace.