[Mb-civic] Re: "If It's a Muslim Problem, It Needs a Muslim Solution"

Jim Burns jameshburns at webtv.net
Fri Jul 8 12:28:43 PDT 2005

While I agree with Thomas L. Friedman wholeheartedly, one has to wonder
if--what is now all these years later--western society has taken all
necessary, and reasonable, precautions. Have our police ever gone into
known immigrant neighborhoods to discern who's there legally? More to
the point, have our intelligence services placed, as once discussed,
operatives to act as eyes and ears in America's, as well as Europe's,
mosques? Sadly,some of these "holy places" have been shown to be a
hotbed of at least tacit complicity in the international murders
committed by radical Muslims. (Almost four years since 9/11, the number
of Islamic religious leaders who have condemned jihadists, is woefully
slim.) One of the  advantages of this plan is that it could only succeed
with, as Friedman suggests, Muslims who are committed to a sense of
decency.

Jim Burns