[Mb-civic] Africans puzzled by Live8

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Sun Jul 3 20:06:41 PDT 2005

Harold:

I hear you, and understand your skepticism.  After all, had Geldof et al taken the money (tens of millions) it took to produce the shows and used it elsewhere, it probably could have bought an entire bag of groceries for millions of people, or medicine et al for millions of others.

I never understood this whole thing anyway.  Raise awareness?  Anyone who is not aware that there is extreme poverty in the world (from Africa to Appalachia) has been living under a rock somewhere in the Mojave Desert for the past hundred years.

Peace.