[Mb-civic] God is acting on the issue of poverty

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Jul 3 00:32:50 PDT 2005

Re:  God is acting on the issue of poverty

CheeseComment:

==========
For the first time the world has the knowledge, information, technology, and
resources to end extreme poverty as we know it, but what is still lacking is
the moral and political will to do so. We believe that generating such moral
will is the vocation of the religious community.
===========

The religious community is finally waking up to generating the moral will to
end extreme poverty...?

=======
And today, we believe that God is acting on the issue of poverty.
=======

Good sentiment, good cause, well put etc, worthy to join and push, but I've
heard people say things like that a million times previously, for various
reasons, in various instances.

What continues to surprise me is that all the people who ever utter anything
even similar to that never continue the sentence to explain where the heck
God has been all this time, and why he has suddenly decided to put forth the
"acting" on the issue of poverty, or any other issue.

Was he asleep..?  Was he on vacation..?  Was he drunk..?  Was he caught in a
spider web for centuries, and just woke up in 2005..?  Was he on probation
and just couldn't make it..?

TODAY, however, God is suddenly acting on the issue of poverty.

Maybe since he got back from being captive on Mars by UFO's all this time in
his inactivity to help the poor, suffering, and etc on planet Earth all of a
sudden, he can take some No-Doze and act on prosecuting the Vatican and the
Catholic Church for all that pedophilia.

And all the billions of other problems we endure, suffer, and dredge through
in our lives.

p.s.:  Since you know him so well, please get an autograph for me at your
convenience and ask him to stop global warming while he's still hot from
acting on the issue of poverty.

Such concepts continue, whether noblely spoke or not, to be exactly how we
got into all this to begin with.

==========
First, God is acting among us as religious leaders and faith communities,
drawing us together as never before across theological and political
boundaries in a moral, spiritual, and biblical convergence.
==========

Hogwash propaganda.  Again, how we got into all these messes to begin with.
Neither he, nor any of the people he mentions have ever met God, heard from
God, or even probably been in the presence of God (who knows about that last
one...), yet here he is, as so many before him, pulling the old "I was
talking to God the other day, and he told me, Jeb, he calls me Jeb, you go
west, boy...".

For ANY mortal standing on this planet to CONTINUE to profess that they
might even vaguely know what actual God is actually doing, thinking,
planning, or has done, remains nothing short of the exact Propaganda it has
been for centuries, and, again, remains one of the reasons we are in all
these fixes to begin with.

==========
Three weeks ago, many of us joined an amazing procession of religious
leaders from almost every major faith tradition in America in a service at
the Washington National Cathedral.
==========

Tear down the Cathedral, tear down all your churches, mosques, temples, etc,
meet in tents, sure, keep your air conditioners and secretaries, sell all
the materials in all the cathedrals, churches, mosques, temples, etc, and
give the money to The Poor.  Use email next time, it is much cheaper.  Give
the money you would have saved, air fare, hotels, dinners, expenses, etc, to
The Poor.  If  it really busts your chops to use email, get little cameras
you can all put on top of your monitors, then you can feel more at home.
True, it will cost less money, and be much more boring, all this work of
helping The Poor etc, but, again, you can give the difference to The Poor,
and it will never cross their minds when you give them the money whether you
had your meeting by email conference or spent a fortune to get together to
help The Poor.

=========
Anglican Archbishop Njongonkulu Ndungane of Cape Town, South Africa, noted
the moral convergence of such a wide spectrum of American religious life and
pronounced this a "kairos" moment - when regular time ("kronos") gives way
to a spirit-filled moment in history and a new sense of time takes over.
==========

Moral convergences of wide spectrums of American religious life to do such
things as Help The Poor are cool.  About time.  Where have THOSE THINGS
been..?  Drunk with God passed out down at the corner bar all this long long
long, long time...?  I'm not so hunky dorey on this "new sense of time"
thing.  Still sounds like MEN preaching things they barely even vaguely
understand, much less are able to actually live as they are speaking them.

=========
God is acting in our culture. Artists and musicians are playing a critical
role and a new generation of young people are committing themselves to this
cause.

God is acting through new leadership in Africa where democracies are taking
responsibility and acting in new ways to end corruption and create more
transparent governance that makes effective aid more possible.
==========

That people on this planet STILL make the outrageous claim to not only SPEAK
for GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF, and even REPRESENT HIM here on Earth, but also to
know actually WHEN and HOW he is actually "acting" on this, that, or the
other, remains REDUNDANTLY PROPAGANDIST.

Just as it has for Centuries.

Good, great, wonderful Causes.  Excellent.  Of course.  Did we have anything
better to do..?

But speaking, representing, etc GOD himself, continues, again, to be how we
got in so many of these messes to begin with.

If anyone who ever reads this ever actually believes they know some Mortal
on Earth who actually represents God Almighty, knows his will, knows his
thoughts, knows his heart, knows what he is or is not acting on, and how and
where, and etc etc etc, you must either be a member of Earth's religious "We
speak for God" propagandists, or just another really stupid indoctrinated
lemming standing in line waiting to buy a ticket to the show.

On the other hand, it does make me happy to hear that democracies in Africa
are taking responsibility and acting in new ways to end corruption and
create more transparent governance that makes effective aid to The Poor more
possible.

==========
God is acting through the leaders of the world's wealthiest nations - the
G8.
==========

Some of this is really funny stuff........

=========
We are here at an historic moment of great opportunity, and the world needs
a real breakthrough. The recent agreement to cancel $40 billion in debt for
the world's 18 poorest nations is a very important step. We urge our leaders
to finish the job by canceling all the debt for all impoverished nations.
==========

That would certainly be interesting.

======
We are pleased that wealthy countries in Europe and the U.S. are giving more
in aid, and we urge them to increase it further. It is not a time for pilot
projects or symbolic gestures. It is time for real substance - and many
countries are now doubling aid. We urge the U.S. to provide an additional 1%
of its budget - $25 billion over the next five years. It is a small price to
pay for what is at stake - our security, our humanity, our faith. We call on
the U.S. government to announce a new and dramatic increase in aid to
Africa, and we urge President Bush to use his leadership with Congress to
secure as much as $2 billion in the fiscal 2006 budget. If we do, it will be
the best and most effective money we will spend this year.
========

Good luck.

========
At heart, I am a 19th-century evangelical; I was just born in the wrong
century. The evangelical Christians of the 19th century combined revivalism
with social reform and helped lead campaigns for women's suffrage and child
labor laws, and to abolish slavery. One of the most famous revivalists,
Charles Finney, developed the idea of the "altar call" in order to make sure
he signed up all of his converts for the abolition movement. Today, poverty
is the new slavery - imprisoning bodies, minds, and souls, destroying hope
and ending the future for a generation.
=========

That's a good cause, "Eliminating Poverty".

With 1,000,000 people dying in Africa, just as a mild example, each year
from it and related things, you certainly have your work cut out for you.
If you can squeeze the nuts of the G8, America, Europe, whomever, the people
who actually help to Create The Poor, to actually Help The Poor, that sounds
like a nice cause.

=======
God is acting, and the new altar call in our time is a call for faith, then
a commitment - to Make Poverty History.
========

Oops...  Again, (I know these people "mean well" and it is a "good cause",
yet, nevertheless, I must comment) when I signed my contract for this stupid
life, nobody told me that I would be unable to provide myself and others
such things as Commitments and Acts Of Making Poverty History unless I first
had Faith.

I had Faith before I was born.  I will still have it after I go.  Inbetween
I will try not to listen to people in colored robes with thousands of year
old books under their arms who claim to talk with, represent, and know God
personally when they tell me I cannot accomplish anything without first
coming to whichever "Religious Faith" it is they appear to need to call on
before their Works appear.

My works have just always been right there on the table the entire time.

=========
I urge you to respond to this altar call by signing a letter to President
Bush organized by the ONE Campaign, asking him to lead in making poverty
history. We are sponsoring this campaign along with an amazing group of
individuals and organizations, including Bread for the World, Bono, Rick
Warren, and many others. This is one of the most important things we have
asked you to do. President Bush and our nation need to hear from as many
people as possible.
==========

Sounds like a really really great cause, again, "Eliminating Poverty".

If you TRULY wish to Eliminate Poverty, and Help The Poor, you will begin to
throw all of your efforts in getting people like Bush impeached, removed
from office, put on trial in an American court, and sent to Prison, for his
treason and crimes against The Poor, America, Humanity, and The Earth.

And continue such an effort to the end of making sure that NEVER AGAIN do
the assholes of America elect such ANTI-POOR politicians, judges,
congresspeople, etc to political offices in the USA.

Or you can continue your, true, very good cause, road begging for crumbs
from the "master's" tables for The Poor.

Although you are begging for crumbs from the tables of the actual people who
helped to Create The Poor and Perpetuate Poverty in both America and around
The World, and that does bring some money to The Poor, now and then, in your
private conferences with God perhaps you can ask him if it would do even
MORE greater things by eliminating the power to function Against The Poor
from the repertoire of those who actually Perpetuate Poverty endlessly.

If you REALLY wanted to help The Poor, all your money, time, and efforts,
would be constantly focused in that singular goal.  One can beg for crumbs
from those who Create and Sustain Poverty until the end of time, but until
those entities no longer weild the power to Create and Sustain Poverty, all
you are doing is putting a bandaid on Poverty which is sure to come off
after a certain amount of time and use in the playground.

Of course, that's just one man's version of moonlight.

======
Religious delegation in London

A delegation of American religious leaders organized by Sojourners traveled
to London this week to meet with British Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon
Brown, and participate in a religious forum on poverty with British church
leaders hosted by Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams. SojoMail will
have a full report next week.
=======

Maybe they too will sell all their gold and stuff and give it to The Poor as
well.

I doubt it.

People who know God personally seldom sell their jewels.

Yet the Poor do constantly, if they ever even had any.

How ironic.

However, mulling it all over, with people like Bush, all the Churches, G8,
and the like, going at it full burst, as they have for Centuries, people
like The Poor should be eliminated in no time, 5 to 10 years tops.

Finally, we'll be rid of them forever.

Anyone who knows God personally should have already realized that was his
plan the entire time.