[Mb-civic] The Crux of the Problem by Michael Butler

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Jan 30 01:58:56 PST 2005

Re:  Crux of the Problem by Michael Butler

I just had to quote this from your blog:

======
...The Battle
"There are two great powers and they've been fighting since time began.
Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency
we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little
increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who
want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to
obey and be humble and submit"
"The Subtle Knife" by Philip Pullman
=======

A great true quote.  As the reality approaches a well-made WWII movie, with
even our top people cast as the bad guys, I can only wonder where the will
of the people has gone to fight for their existence.

They can't, apparently, just drop everything and march on Washington, and
all the emails in the world have not yet stopped a cruise missile.

So what are The People to do in the face of things such as you mention in
your most recent blog piece where even Congressmen are unwilling to face
down the military of this superpower which is supposed to be a servant
rather than the bloated tax-fed domineering monster it has become...?

The Pentagon has become so tight-*ss that as someone mentioned in a recent
piece here, even the Veterans can no longer get a fair shake.

They have become the antithesis of everything America was initially designed
as.

Again, when any country's military supercedes the will of The People, sucks
off a major share of their taxes, and then shrouds itself in secrecy,
classified documents, misrepresentations, and outright lies as it continues
to develop technology to control masses of people, in the middle of the
throes of some weird kind of global conquest drive, is it really anything
less than Hitler's Third Reich, except of course with a little superficial
tact added for a cover inbetween press conferences...?

An entity which even Congressmen, our highest representatives of The People
next to the Presidency, are afraid to face down and demand to behave as the
servants they forgot they were so long ago.

They were created to protect us.

Not to mandate to us.

Times have obviously changed.

As far as your other statement there on your blog, yes, the only solution is
to split Iraq into 3 sections, however, the Americans apparently have no
plans to do that whatsoever, at least as far as I can see, which, as others
have already speculated, if America ever exits, which seems unlikely if
they're going to continue their plan for 14 military bases there, that
leaves Iraq someday in chaos among its own people until another strong-man
like Hussein steps to the top.

Oh well, the more I ponder all that and more, the more it seems to just all
go around in circles.

It's a madhouse.

We need some miracles right about now.

The only comforting thought I see is that at the end of this upcoming 4
years, the Republicans will have to finally squarely face the American
People with a vast mess that at this time looks like it is only going to
escalate into something even worse.

If the Americans shrug their shoulders at that time, it will be the last
shrug we ever witness.

Cheeseburger

- Try to remember where Oil comes from.  Down there.  Beneath your feet.  It
is made of lots of dead things, animals, people, plants, who knows.  Dead.
They take it out of the ground and put it into your car.  You go down the
road and it comes out of your exhaust and it kills things, animals, people,
plants, who knows.  Then they go to war to get more of it.  Then we die and
go under the ground, and many moons later, someone pumps us up out of the
ground and puts us in their vehicle, and the circle starts all over again.
To get from point A to point B you burn your History and everything that
came before you, and it kills you.  Try to sleep with that, everyone else
can.

p.s.:  I always liked that saying someone came up with "Never eat anything
with a face".  And then I started thinking about eggs.  My chicken laid an
egg in my shop the other day, I got it, went into the kitchen, cracked it
open to see if it was ok, cooked it up, and ate it.  Then I went outside,
and my chicken knew I had ate it.  She looked me in the eye, stood on one
leg, cocked her head, and I swear she whispered "So, you ate one of my dead
children that came out of my butt...", and I didn't really know what to say,
so I went back into my shop, turned the rock station on, put on my apron and
goggles, and went back to work on my lathe.  I'll never look at her the same
though.......      :|