[Mb-civic] Chinese Panchen Lama

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net
Tue Jan 25 13:07:46 PST 2005

More of Chinas demands.... They kidnapped and  hold prisoner the Panchen
Lama (2nd in command after The Dalai Lama) the Tibetan chosen by the
Dalai Lama and are trying to force Tibetans to remain loyal to the
Chinese chosen Panchen Lama.

No one knows IF the real Panchen Lama and his family are still alive
they have NOT been seen or heard from since being kidnapped by the
Chinese...

Most Tibetans are afraid to publicly remain loyal to the Dalai Lama for
fear of being arrested by the Chinese..... What a terrible way to live.
I remain loyal to the monks and Dalai Lama in India and support them in
any way I can.... Many Tibetans are still following the trail the Dalai
Lama took in 1959 to escape to India, a lot die or starve on the way and
do not make it, those that do turn up at the Monasteries in India, who
are already burdened to feed the Monks and those already living there.

Just thought I would share for those unfamiliar with the harsh way of
the Chinese towards Tibet and those loyal to the Dalai Lama.

peace,
barbara