[Mb-civic] No subject....

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Mon Jan 24 12:16:44 PST 2005

I figured I should change the title of that as well.

=====
Cheeseburger,

I also find this article offensive. Mainly as it is in such poor taste. It
is pushing the envelope to be the most unpleasant article on this list. Not
that the action is in its self offensive. It is the sensibilities of members
who are offended.
 Having said that I must defend your right to write such things. I produced
"Lenny" on Broadway with Jules Fisher and Tom O'Horgan. I joined them as I
felt it important that Lenny Bruce, or anyone, have the right to express
themselves. Even though I couldn't stand Lenny's act.

Michael
============

You're right.  I wasn't thinking.  It was a spur of the moment deal and I
thought I was being creative.

The line between offensive and non-offensive remains in the hands of those
who draw the line between them.  That different people draw the line at
different places is not that relevant I suppose as I realized I had crossed
some line the moment I used certain words together, trying to be creative
funny or not.

I can only thank you for letting someone express themselves in a manner
others find less amusing than themselves.

It'll never happen again.  Sorry if anyone was not even mildly amused at
something I thought at least mildly humorous.

Subject material or not, the days of people like Lenny, Sam, and Pryor are
obviously coming to an end.  In a world of perfect circles there is
obviously no room for corners.

Passing the torch of the right to be crude and offensiveness in "attempted"
humor is obviously not my forte.  Sorry for any inconvenience to anyone who
may have taken offense.  It was a one time performance.  My apologies to the
offended.

Cheeseburger

- Humor is in the eye of the beholder, as is Beauty, not in the hand that
writes it.