[Mb-civic] "It's The Economy, Stupid", "This Is Business, Kid", "Up Your Beep".....

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Mon Jan 17 20:53:17 PST 2005

"It's The Economy, Stupid", "This Is Business, Kid", "Up Your Beep".....

Personally, I opt for "Up Your Beep" as I've already heard the other 2 so
often it makes me want to puke up big chunks of green marmalade or
something.   :)

This is just a short observation, though, I was listening, unfortunately, to
NPR tonight, trying vainly to figure out why they are so far from being
anything remotely similar to AP Wire Service or something, and they had 2
people talking, 1 was one guy, and the other was the guy who I think is the
head of the U.S. Chamber Of Commerce.

Ok, in a nutshell, the guy stated that there are certain CORPORATIONS in
America that people like the SEC etc etc ETC simply WILL NOT PROSECUTE, even
though they ALREADY know they are BREAKING AMERICAN LAW (who knows who or
what else the repercussions of that are ruining as we speak) because they
are JUST TOO BIG TO PROSECUTE, and the reason given was that if they were
prosecuted the IMPACT ON THE ECONOMY would outweigh bringing them to actual
JUSTICE.

I forgot the name of the Corporation they were specifically referring to at
the time, but I thought that would just be something neat you could bring up
to someone over coffee or tea sometime that various people and corporations,
if they are "too big", can just screw the crap out of anyone and anything
ENDLESSLY because The Federal Government considers the outcome of actually
prosecuting them for their Illegal Acts too damaging to The American
Economy.

Try to remember that you, your kids, your lives, anything and everything you
own, anything that moves, flies, crawls, jumps, or grows, or just sits there
is *SECONDARY* to THE ECONOMY, the next time you place your hand over your
heart and swear undying devotion to something that has been turned into an
abomination of its original dream.

The end.

Cheeseburger

- I pledge allegiance to The Dollar, and to The Economy for which it stands,
one nation, under God's banker's thumb, indivisible except for social,
political, and economic classes, with liberty, freedom, and justice only for
those with enough bucks and lawyers to buy it, everyone else can go to hell
just like mommy and daddy told me they are going to.