[Mb-civic] The Fluctuation Between, uhhhh............

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sat Jan 15 23:28:49 PST 2005

The Fluctuation Between, uhhhh............

I had it.  It was on the tip of my tongue, then Jesus, Buddha and Allah
stopped by and got me high.  I don't really mind them doing it, but by now
I've figured out they only do it so they can have a few laughs on the
weekend.

It was something like the fluctuation between, uhhh, then I lost the end
part of it, lol  It had to do with extremes though I remember.  Like the
fluctuation between light and darkness or good and evil or right and wrong
or happiness and sadness, etc etc etc.

So you're standing between a fluctuation of extremes your entire life,
whether you notice them or not, whether the shifts from one direction to
another are rationally viewable and measurable or not, etc.

And then you find yourself looking at words on a computer screen in
something they call the modern world, and the glaciers are melting, the
species are disappearing, the waters are dying, the air is exiting, the
politicians and industrialists and etc are sowing the seeds of death, war,
disease, lies, destruction and extinction, and you are reaping the product
of their efforts.  And the decimation is so vast that it has become the
unnoticeable and untalked about norm just about.

And you look at it all and you go "Uhh, wow... hehe... this place is
screwed, time to evacuate......"

But you look around again and realize that there is nowhere else to go to
escape this that you can reach from where you are.

But you go down fighting, with the very last of your strength no matter
what, just like those did who went before you.

And the money and deals continue to flow, the destruction continues to
sprout, the death spreads like a virus, "insurmountable" you whisper to
yourself late at night not daring to awaken the children to such horror, and
still you fight.

And you pause and wonder why, and then you wipe that thought evermore again
from your mind even in the face of its everpresent persistence.

And still you fight.

And you lay awake at night and listen to the wolves howling in the distance.

Tomorrow is another day.

And you wake up in the morning, don your superhero suit, and brush your
teeth and all of the thoughts of the millions of mangled murderered bodies
that are counted and never found each year on earth, eat breakfast and go to
work, realizing that the worst problem you have is that you are employed in
a low-paying job in America.

Later that night you lay in bed and begin to remember all the death and
destruction circling the globe hourly as you try to choose between hot
chocolate or apple juice while fumbling for the remote control.

And then it all repeats.

Tomorrow is another day.

And then it all repeats.

Tomorrow is another day.

And then it all repeats.

Tomorrow is another day.

"Uncle Cheeseburger.............!!!!!!!"

"Uh, yes, kids...."

"We gave you that good sh*t for Christmas, but if you're gonna smoke it and
then come to our room and get all goofy, we're gonna take it back..."

"Uh, uh, no, it's allright, I'm allright now, you're right, I'll try to cut
down.  So where was I anyway....?"

"Talking about stinktion, death, and stuff...."

"Oh, yeah, I remember...  So, there I was, it was awful, global warming
coming up, pollution, extinction on the way, and the same old *ssholes in
charge, and then... and then...  oh crap, I forgot the rest of the
story......."

"Uncle Cheeseburger...!!  You always do that just when it's getting
good...!!  Get the f*ck out of our room and take that with you if you can't
read it straight anymore....."

"Oh well, ok, kids, I'll go now, I'll be better tomorrow, after all,
tomorrow is another day.  Nite, kids......"

"Nite, Uncle Cheeseburger......"

Click.

Cheeseburger tucks the book back down into his pants, straightens his shirt,
and walks on down the hall...

"He's wacked out again, isn't he..."

"Yeah.  But I told you not to give him that for Christmas.  You do it every
year, and every year we have to put up with this kind of crap until he runs
out of it..."

"Yeah, I know, but it's kind of funny sometimes..."

"Yeah, I know...  hehe..."

"Hehe...."

"Night, Jimi..."

"Night, Judi......."

The cricket begins to softly chirp in its cage.......