[Mb-civic] Midnight Prayer #2,729

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jan 13 13:28:04 PST 2005

Cheeseburger:

This reminds me of something.  Are you familiar with the comic strip "Hagar
the Horrible?"  He is a Viking, living in the Viking era.  He is always
engaged in battles, etc.

In one four-panel strip, the first panel shows him getting his butt whooped
in a land battle.  The second shows his armada sinking.  The third shows him
looking up and railing at God, "Why me?"  The fourth panel shows a speech
balloon coming from a cloud with the words "Why not?"

By the way, Freud was not only a cocaine addict, he was also having an
affair with his sister-in-law.  Thus, "modern psychiatry" is so fraught with
his own personal subtext that much of it is now accepted as being at best
questionable, and at worst almost completely debunked.

Peace.