[Mb-civic] Doctor's Orders -- Spill Your Guts

michael at intrafi.com michael at intrafi.com
Sun Jan 9 13:06:39 PST 2005

This story was sent to you by: michael butler

Doctor's Orders -- Spill Your Guts

By M. Gregg Bloche and Jonathan H. Marks
M. Gregg Bloche is professor of law at Georgetown University and adjunct professor at Johns Hopkins University's Bloomberg School of Public Health. Jonathan H. Marks is a London barrister and Greenwal

January 9 2005

Credit the folks who ran Abu Ghraib for their wit. "The database is lonely," says a smiley face in a slide show for new interrogators prepared a year ago. "You can help! Visit the database every time you spend time with any of our esteemed guests. Tell the database about what fun conversation you and your guests had." The last slide is a cartoon of an interrogation session. "I realize it sounds rather cliche, but we have ways of making you talk," its caption reads.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-op-brutality9jan09,0,7267820.story

Visit latimes.com at http://www.latimes.com