[Mb-civic] Alberto Gonzales' Role in Torture Memos Like "Mafia Lawyer Whose Job it is to Help the Don Stay Out of Jail"

michael at intrafi.com michael at intrafi.com
Fri Jan 7 09:43:05 PST 2005

michael  ( michael at intrafi.com )
sent you this story from democracynow.org

|  Alberto Gonzales' Role in Torture Memos Like "Mafia Lawyer Whose Job it is to Help the Don Stay Out of Jail"
|  http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/06/153201

Senate hearings begin today on the nomination of the White House counsel, Alberto Gonzales, as attorney general. He faces tough questions on the torture of detainees in Iraq, Afghanistan and Cuba. We speak with journalist Mark Danner of the New Yorker, author of the new book, Torture and Truth: America, Abu Ghraib, and the War on Terror. [includes rush transcript]
This story continues at: