[Mb-civic] Ethics? What? Re: Molly Ivins: Let's Get Those Ethics Standards Where They Belong

Lyle K'ang lyve at netzero.com
Thu Jan 6 14:26:11 PST 2005

Without sounding too condescending and risk the chance to squelch the urge to jump right into ethics, let me briefly pause.

Ethics is the buzz word of today, especially in corporate structures. We all know this, have heard about it, and frankly we really don't understand why it is so hard for others not to get it.

Ethics is established not from a knowing of understanding, though we want to respect the human minds cognizance, it is basically from the heart. But here-in lies the grief, people with heart are people that think.

We all have a heart in this sense-to understand the still small voice that comes from the heart, which equates to a thinking mind. That is true.

Without a thinking mind-all the still, small murmurrings from the heart go unheeded thereby closing off a channel for understanding.

In that light, I wonder if it's popularity; man-hood or woman-hood issues, social conduct or civil-social circles which dominate our lives to force whether ethics should be followed, or can be followed because of our standing & acceptance in these many circles?

Ethics is not religion, religion does not dictate whether you are a follower of XYZ and therefore have more ethos over the next guy standing over there. Is religion trying to pry itself in there?

It is basically a Heart issue and how well we understand ourselves, I think.

To just follow rules because they are there is moronic. To ask why the rules are there in the first place would be better. Are the rules ethical? ..and how do we establish that criterion? Does it infringe on your religious belief structure to have ethics? How deep does the ethical understanding have to go? Treat others as you.......

This article-as a simple cry for us to come together over ethics is complicated. Ethics is deep, goes deeper in some individuals, skims the surface in others, and basically by-passes other individuals' feelings, comprehension, sensitivity, fairness and thought.

For some of us, that understand all of the above, what do we do?

Where is ethical law and its teachings to educate the Enrons, the Boeing's, the Lockheed-Mar-tin's, the ....?

...And why does money always play the role of judge, & jury...separating itself again from the true meaning, establishing another grey region, which does not equate to the sensitivities of a still, small, heart?

Lyle K'ang,
~~Enterprise Insights: Advanced Tools for Business Communications!~~
http://www.SiloManagement.com
~~Information, Imagination & Musings~~
http://www.Lyve-Oasis.com

Please note: message attached