[Mb-civic] Or this..

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net
Tue Jan 4 13:47:16 PST 2005

Dear friend,

I hate to start the New Year with bad news, but the Senate is about to
consider Alberto Gonzales' nomination to become Attorney General,
replacing John Ashcroft. Gonzales is the White House counsel notorious
for opening the door to torture at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay
prisons.

Senators should view the Gonzales nomination very skeptically, given
this radical history. As part of the upcoming hearings, we can call on
Senators to ask Gonzales to unequivocally renounce torture as an
instrument of American policy.

Join me in asking Gonzales and Senators to prohibit torture by clicking
here:

http://www.moveon.org/gonzales/

Thanks.