[Mb-civic] myanmar

richard haase hotprojects at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jan 3 07:58:18 PST 2005

its horrible beyond words baker
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: peter baker
  To: Michael Butler
  Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 12:58 AM
  Subject: [Mb-civic] myanmar

  bear
  ......we have a major catastophy in asia...we have all seen the death and destruction yet there is one country in the region whose coast line has been similarly devastated that gets no mention...myanmar...one reporter replying to an inquiry about myanmar simply said "they won't let us in" !!!!! has anyone asked them if they need help ????? the maps of the disaster area exclude myanmar....the general opinion seems to be "you want to be left alone, so we'll leave you alone"....how considerate...the deaths in myanmar are not even considered....this is not good.....another point...the u.s. continue their "war" in iraq unabated....surely here was a god given excuse to leave iraq and use this military might to help in the tragedy ?? the u.s. is still spending billions killing people [the u.s. war machine hasn't quite reached the power of god and nature but it's certainly trying]..yet another point...why did not the west warn of the possibility of a tsunami...just to say "we thought it was only an 8 on the richter scale" is total and absolute bullshit....this was the largest earthquake seen on the seismic equipment world wide...the feeling seems to have been "well it ain't gonna affect us!!"...another lame excuse "we didn't know the phone number !!" what utter nonsense...the largest earthquake they had ever seen..why not tell the media...the media could have saved thousands of lives. had this earthquake happened in the pacific you can be sure that everyone would have been warned....this is so typical of ""we're alright jack...fuck you other arseholes"" absolutely disgusting right across the board...where is god ??  get it together folks ..god is the devil..the devil is god...forget these silly man written "holy books"...wake up to reality......mad baker