[Mb-civic] Cheating On God With Organized Religion

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Jan 2 20:56:15 PST 2005

Re:  Cheating On God With Organized Religion

======
Cheeseburger Double Whopper,

When you're on, you're on.
=======

Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us...

=======
You wrote:
"If there *is* a GOOD "God", then there remains simply you, God, and
your soul."
=======

========
You have a definite and unique way of exercising your frontal lobe.
========

I've had girls tell me that before, but this time it took me 3 hours to
figure out that that wasn't a sexual innuendo.

:)

======
Perhaps, you can write a 20 pager, pdf file and I'll help you sell it for a
small cut.

Call it "GOOD GOD; YOU AND YOUR SOUL"!
=======

There might be something definitely beneficial, in more ways than one, in
that idea there, Lyle.  It would of course be so hot it would have to be
signed with a nomme de plume, lol.  The only drawback being me not having
the "historically educated" background about such matters you appear to
possess.  Another working title "Good God, Bad God:  The Illusions Within
Christianity", or "How Men Wrote The Bible".  Geez, it would definitely be
a best seller, lol, if we could even sell it to only 1/8 of the 1 Billion
Christians we'd be millionaires for life, lol.  If for no other reason
people would buy it just to (attempt to) debunk its contents over the
dinner table.

I found it very interesting what you were writing about the origins of
Christianity (among other religions), it seems they took a good, and
relatively simple, thing and it has now been, in comparison with its roots,
been willfully manipulated into almost the dynamic equivalent of Cheez
Whiz, which people, today, swear by it by the blood of anyone who gets in
their way about it.

One can apparently not escape illusions when one lives in the dead center
of them and they have turned into the only reality they know.