[Mb-civic] WillFul Ignorance

Lyle K'ang lyve at netzero.com
Sat Jan 1 15:43:55 PST 2005

Barbara, I am a baptized Catholic as well. I have studied the interpretations of
Buddhists and pray for a free Tibet as well. I admire, and have enjoyed all the
underground and above ground religions.
I respect them all as far as they are confident in knowing the meaning of
compassion. Compassion in their heart's means no-boundaries-not hidden ideals of
conversions.

What I see missing in today's Christian churches is the acknowledgment of a
foundation of pagan beliefs from where Christianity springs from. You must know
that Christianity never sprung from JC himself-right?

The early church needed practicing converts-the pagan's had ceremony already and
had and practiced prayer to a god or gods.

"The WAY" is the [Chinese], T'ai Chi journey which the early
pre-Christians borrowed for their own. They then called their early church the
'WAY'. All through the established church today are signs, practices and worship
of pagan ideals and followings.

The Evangilicals don't get it...they are offspring of the many tried and fallen
belief structures heretofore created. Their foundation is not built on a Jesus
Christ because he never once in his ministry asked or called for the building of
'his' church. "His is by the persuasion of man. By man you will know him
and he is not a god nor knows of my works." What if this were correct? I
could very well add it to scripture couldn't I?

A thinking person of today can very well follow this and 'see' the proper
vision. Without the 'vision' we would have man fighting against man on which
religion is the closest to God. The Father God Almighty knew better, so he
didn't call for a church-the one's who called for the church were the ones that
were adrenalized and caught up in the fervor-not necessarily the 'spirit'.

Don't get me wrong here-I don't see anything wrong with the way the early Druids
or other 'pagan' religions practiced their beliefs, what I do object to is the
denial today that the 'true church' of Jesus Christ is in fact littered with
pagan beliefs, ceremony and worship, and our most esteemed do not acknowledge
from whence they came.

The early American Indian (pagan) beliefs were not only misunderstood by the
early settlers, these practices are still looked at today by many main-stream
Christian's as pagan. Huh! It's like saying that by 'faith' alone, I'm going to
be 'saved'. That is not true!

Science says that a meteor is going to hit-not if, but when. The faithful pray
that it won't, including me but I don't consider my faith to be any stronger
than science-they are partners on a journey towards spiritual discovery, if
relating to this subject only. Even Mr. Carl Sagan the most notable of physists
admitted that there is a gap in space that is unexplainable where science has
found its limits and we believe this region to be of God.

I am NEVER saved because I heard the 'word' of a 'god', supposedly translated by
followers today whom have difficulty expressing themselves and their
shortcomings by always filling in the blanks with Jesus Christ's sayings or
which he was purported to say.

How blasphemous it must be to constanlty act as though you think you are a
'Peter' or "Paul' or Simon' and not use your human tools for reason that
were given to you. Constantly Reading the same books grows a fervor, but the
tendency here increases the same centuries of misinterpretations and mistakes.

Heavenly Father, The Holy Ghost and The Spiritual container which we are, gave
us the ability to ask questions about our beliefs-to question even the most
spiritual of messages because we MUST! You may like being a sheep person, I
don't!

Finally, for the hearts that find it so hard to express their doubts publicly,
Barbara, I just wish 'The Followers' of whom ever would practice not only
patience in their own belief structures but patience in their own misgivings and
the length of time it will take them to 're-indoctrinate' or re-teach their
own, this includes their selves.

I have compassion for willfully ignorance in people because I can sense their
hearts. Their hearts, though open, have a very small portion of that heart that
is tightened with doubt.

This doubt is obvious in the ensuing dialog and misrepresentations of what I
said or believe in. These brothers or sisters can not possibly understand nor
comprehend were people like us (you and I and others) have been through or what
we can fathom. Make no mistake, we are all human or are we?

I take it that I should abandon my earthly experiences, all spiritual
manifestations, from pagan ministers, brother and sisters, as naught, because
somebody comes along trying to sell me a better car?!

Yet, haven't they understood it at all, that we up here in the mountains don't
need cars-in fact, it's better and safer to ride donkeys!

Lyle K'ang,
~~Enterprise Insights: Advanced Tools for Business Communications!~~
http://www.SiloManagement.com
~~Information, Imagination & Musings~~
http://www.Lyve-Oasis.com