[Mb-civic] Re: united Ireland

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Feb 27 14:24:30 PST 2005

Re:  Re: united Ireland

=======
Mad,
You are correct. I also know that the Brits would love to get out of Ulster
and this whole problem. I recall there are are a lot of Mac's instead of
Mc's up there.
Bear

> bear
> .......cheesybugger is still missing the point here....the vast majority
of
> england would be perfectly happy if the six joined the twentysix...even,
> believe it or not,the government....the big problem is the inescapable
fact
> that the protestant northern irish do not want it....they want to remain
part
> of england and the u.k....they throw at england time and again how they
fought
> for britain during ww2 and ,by god, they want to remain british and are
> prepared to die for the privilege... you see britain owes it to
them..therein
> lies the rub....madbaker
==========

I dunno, I have a couple of pints, lose a bet and have to chase all the
snakes out of Ireland, die and reincarnate as a guitarist in some new
country called America having to take over for people like Hendrix, Vaughn,
etc, and the next thing I know I'm talking with people about my old country
again, but, alas, me still outdated and misinformed.

Let's put it like this, despite all interested parties' reasons for
continuing to keep a Country apart from itself, this, besides my formal
introduction, will be my last offer.

The 2? "warring parties" up there get to choose one representative among
them all.  They each get to enter a room with me and sit at a table.  They
each get to bring one revolver and 3 bullets, as do I.

At the end of our conversation, they will all be alive, purportedly, as will
I, and Ireland will again be One Country.

That's my best offer.

The alternative is endless strife up there, as there will always be someone
who disagrees with what should happen who will always have access to the
vicious tools to try to enforce their desired outcome, and someone born anew
to take their place, on all sides.

Relocating people back to England, which they are resolved to "remain a part
of", from a country which is called Northern IRELAND (not Northern ENGLAND)
for a relatively well-known reason by now doesn't seem to be an alternative
as they are "prepared to die for the privilege of remaining British", albeit
on Irish Soil, which for some reason they believe even that has been
magically transformed by the fairies into anything but what it has always
been and will always be, Irish Soil.

That stinks to begin with.  If they love England so much, and hate the idea
of a United Ireland so terribly, I hear it is a relatively short boat ride
across the channel there back to their Mother Country.

And, of course, on the other hand, there also remain those who are "prepared
to die for the privilege of remaining Irish in a re-united Ireland".

Quite a problem.

Regardless of my disinformation, misinformation, ignorance, bias, etc, and
the ruthlessness of "both sides", it remains a fact, one might imagine, that
if some people are "willing to die for the privilege of remaining British"
there, in Northern IRELAND, that there also remain several people who do not
wish to die beside them on soil which is not British to begin with.

They too should be afforded such a privilege of not having to die from the
continued insistence of people who appear they would be much happier on
BRITISH soil to begin with.

I'm just asking questions here now, but seriously, are people who are
"willing to die for the privilege of remaining British", who live on IRISH
soil, really =Irish= anymore..?

I'm sure the "Irish" are as pigheaded as any other country's people on this
planet about various matters, are quite dug in, and will insist to the
bitter end that they are.

It just remains quite ironic to me that if some people, who reside on Irish
Soil, are *that* insistent that their lives, and anyone else's, are
=SECONDARY= to "Remaining British", that they do not simply walk across the
channel back to the place they love so much, instead of continuing, along
with others, the fight on IRISH Soil that continues to spill blood of IRISH
People, with them or against them.

Ah well, regardless, my offer still stands, one table, three chairs, three
revolvers, three bullets, Peace, United Ireland.

I'm on call 25 hours a day.

Let me know if they accept my terms.

Patrick