[Mb-civic] FW: misconceptions

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Fri Feb 25 23:22:37 PST 2005

FW: misconceptions

======
Mad,
Well Cheese can get to one from time to time.
=======

Hey.......!!!  LOL....  I resemble that remark...    :)

====
As a descendant of an
Anglo-Irish family I agree with what you say. Ulster was a bad scene and
still is no cup cake but better.
Bear
=====

Well...   I don't mean to upset people, hehe, but being part Irish (I'm not
sure which part, but I examine my body often to try to figure it out  :o  ),
what would please me greatly, not that pleasing me would make Earth a better
place to live or not, would be to see England get out of Ireland, and the
north and the south be reunited, especially since it is rather obvious that,
it being on the same continent, it was at one time, long ago, One Country,
albeit under the ruthless thumb of the British which ruled it as a mere
colony, and which continues to rule Northern Ireland as no less even as we
speak.

But old fascist countries like England just can't let go of things they've
trampled under their bloody feet for centuries, just like new fascist
countries like the USA are incapable of such acts of Humanity as well.

Yep, sure, it's all much more complicated than just that, and I, or anyone,
could put up several websites addressing how it all began in the 1700's or
any other time slot, and blow for blow, no matter which inclination one's
perspective might be leaning toward, it still boils down that at one time
southern Ireland (correct me if I'm wrong), was able to break away from the
rule of Britain, but they still cling to Northern Island like a b*tch in
heat.

Oh well, hope and perspective and truth are apparently not always the same
thing, however, perhaps some day in the future everyone up there can work it
all out and Ireland can be One Country again as once it was.

How it's ever going to achieve that with Britain's you know what still up
its you know what would be quite interesting to know.

So, basically, one must resolve onself, whether one hopes for some inane
thing called a re-united Ireland or not, that someone like Britain (just
like so many other Big countries) will most likely hang on to anything
resembling "colonies" until the end of time, if for no other reason, simple
economic reasons.

Britain still remains a leech on the side of Ireland whether something
called the IRA exists or not, imho.

Other than that, I loved each time I played in or visited Britain, England,
haven't been there in about 30 years.

I would have hoped that they would have let small potatos like a United
Ireland just piece itself back together in the face that they have made some
kind of blood brother pack with the USA, the new "king of the seas", and are
now running around the world endorsing anything America puts on anyone
else's heads as a "forever buddies" partner, but, to my chagrine, Ireland
remains sh*t out of luck.

Go figure.  I'd kiss the blarney stone and make a wish, but the fairies are
dancing in my back yard right now and I got to play the fiddle for them or
they said they would hex me into a donkey or something.

Well, regardless, here's hoping for Freedom and Peace and Equality and
Justice and Healing across the board.

The only problem various people keep having with that is that, for centuries
and continuing on through today, it normally always winds up being The
Powers That Be that interpret what those 5 above words mean, rather than all
the rest of us who are ruled by their Decisions about Them down here on the
lowly ground, forever.

Maybe some day that small little detail about it all will actually change,
but I doubt it.

Anyway, may ye be in heaven a half an hour before the devil knows ye're
dead...

Cheeseburger

- Overheard:  "Gaelic..?  Sure, I've heard of that, we slice it up and put
it on toasted bread with butter and then serve it with spaghetti and
meatballs..."

========
bear
.......cheeseburger has got to me...i feel i must straighten him out on his
irish/english rant....for a start i [as are a large proportion of south east
londoners] am part irish....the majority of americans, most particularly
irish-americans, just do not understand the irish story.....true northern
ireland was a hot bed of injustice for a long time....the protestants had
all the power and considered themselves english...whereas the catholics had
no power and considered themselves to be irish....this situation has changed
over the last fifty years...brought about, ironically by the i.r.a's
terrorism.....though there is still a long way to go....as in all cases
injustice breeds terrorism....and, as in all cases, two wrongs do not make a
right.....now let us examine the reality of the situation....sinn fein, the
political wing of the i.r.a., represents less than 1% of the irish
public...as a general rule the english and the irish get on very well
together, for example, ireland is a very popular holiday destination for a
very large portion of england.. if an irish athelete is successful the
english press proudly report it...no, my dear cheeseburger, the
irish/english situation is blown out of all proportion in your fascist
country, which is progressing on the same lines as the old british empire
and doing a remarkable job of it...the british empire was not something to
be proud of...nor is the yanky empire....madbaker
======