[Mb-civic] Alternet: On God's Side

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Feb 23 20:06:35 PST 2005

Re:  Alternet: On God's Side

Michael wrote:

-------------------------------------
On God's Side
http://www.alternet.org/story/21327

Jim Wallis talks about 'God's Politics' and values  –  by which Wallis
doesn't mean hate, greed, and war-mongering.
-------------------------------------

Great article.

Can't afford the book yet, but read that article.

While it is now obvious to me that a major proportion of myself is not cut
out to be a "Persuader", lol, like people like him, King, etc
are/were/hopefully will be, and I understand his presentation to the masses
of "A Necessary Dialogue" that is more indepth, inclusive, etc, I can only
hope that somewhere in his book he makes mention of The Military Industrial
Complex, ruthless cutthroat Businessmen posing as caring religious
Statesmen, the vomitous Propaganda issuing forth from them in the past and
currently, and such things as the major swindle they have just pulled off on
the "religious people" of America (as well as "the rest of us") while
selling their childrens' childrens' childrens' futures down the toilet while
hiding a few hundred thousand civilian bodies beneath the swirling bathroom
tissue, but I doubt it.

I liked how he described King, and King's "methodology" of reaching a goal.

It sounds like a REALLY great book.  While, hopefully, it might remain true,
somehow, that "the pen is mightier than the sword", I look forward to his
book being bought by many, as well as other books being written and bought
by many that go to the heart of businessmen sacrificing people, nations,
faiths, and souls on the altar of Commerce in the name of God.

Which is what we currently endure.

How one can reach an audience who likes his kind of book with the blow by
blow information of the desecration of our trust, democracy, freedoms, etc's
by such losers who currently command the forces of "The Freest Nation On
Earth" in another book while appealing to the same kind of people that make
up his "kind of audience", I would like to know, or at least be present when
it hits the bookstores.

He is obviously a well educated smart man, making people like me look rather
cloddish in our lack of powers of persuasion and meaningful dialogue by
comparison, and his writings and powers of "dialogue" appear to be appealing
to those who need some Form from which to even express themselves.

I look forward to some day reading his book, and hopefully also reading a
book written by someone which excruciatingly details the crimes, propaganda,
and manipulations of the people who even made a book such as his a
necessity, which has the actual power of Fact to bring such thugs to legal
justice in this country.

On another note, when a Barnes and Noble opens up in Afghanistan, they will
erect a statue of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Fallwell, etc in Tianemenn Square.

Ok, I'm through ranting.

:|