[Mb-civic] A Second-Term Shift?

michael at intrafi.com michael at intrafi.com
Sun Feb 20 11:37:36 PST 2005

This story was sent to you by: michael butler

--------------------
A Second-Term Shift?

Bush and Rice could be restoring America's place as a persuader, not just enforcer

By Nancy E. Soderberg
Nancy E. Soderberg, a senior national security advisor in the Clinton administration, is the author of "The Superpower Myth, the Use and Misuse of American Might."

February 20 2005

Let me be the first to say it: Condoleezza Rice may be in line for a Nobel Peace Prize. As a critic of the Bush administration and a Democrat, I'm not a fan of Rice's record as national security advisor. But if her new rhetoric means a real second-term conversion, she may go down in history as one of the most successful secretaries of State ever.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-op-powermyth20feb20,0,6329592.story

Visit latimes.com at http://www.latimes.com