[Mb-civic] [Fwd: The New York Times > Technology > Tired of TiVo? Beyond Blogs? Podcasts Are Here]

John Michael Cox, Jr. graphics at verizon.net
Sat Feb 19 19:14:01 PST 2005

I thought this was interesting re my fascination with technology
enabling people. It removes our dependence on the powers that be to
control our lives. Computers and the Internet have given musicians the
power to control their careers. A singer or group without needing a
label can now produce, promote and sell their own CDs. Now here's this
iPod thing that means anyone could be a newscaster and get out a story
of importance that the media couldn't be bothered covering.

http://nytimes.com/2005/02/19/technology/19podcasting.html?ei=5094&en=acc491865ad9fa9b&hp=&ex=1108875600&adxnnl=1&partner=homepage&adxnnlx=1108843942-vnCSUeByQWayF/rxSyNE2g&pagewanted=print&position=