[Mb-civic] Alternet: A Culture of Secrecy

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Thu Feb 17 01:35:15 PST 2005

Re:  Alternet: A Culture of Secrecy

*snip*

Interesting, about how right he is about it all.

All in all, under that line of perspective, it's all basically the
equivalent of Soupy Sales attacking Goebbels.

At that rate, the media attention given to a simple well-placed cream pie
would reach vast more people than what he just wrote there ever will.

Ironic that sans major access to any major media outlets or the funds to
utilize them, that slapstick might wind up being the last hope of America.

Of course, under the current guidelines of the Patriot Act 2, or 3, you
might wind up in Federal Prison doing 20 to Life for attack with a deadly
pastry, sitting there beside Martha Stewart, exchanging recipes.

But look on the bright side, your point will have been made, although
Americans' basic 2 week retention of news things will have elapsed, you will
have at least made Front Page News for a day, when you get out of prison,
you will be able to write a best-seller book about it, and get picked up by
Fox News or someone as a new specialty host, sitting there reading copy that
says something like "Today 100,000 Iraqi children were toasted, and Wall
Street boomed.  All in all, another banner day for America", and not even
notice you were sucked into the "I'm ok, you're ok" osmosis vial of The New
Society, especially since your paycheck is large and intact consistently.

Funny how it all works out for the better in the end, isn't it.

"Charles Lewis..?  Never heard of him."

"Martha Stewart..?  Sure, she's that cook show lady who's in prison for
smuggling or something.  My wife makes her cookies recipe.  We're gonna have
another barbecue this 4th of July, stop by if you want, bring some
brewskies..."