[Mb-civic] The return of the draft

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Mon Feb 14 13:54:46 PST 2005

Re:  The return of the draft

Al wrote:

====
I wonder if they have considered starting up a couple of divisions
along the lines of the French Foreign Legion, the Gurkha regiments
or - in its day - the Waffen SS, all outstandingly successful
military units.
=====

We probably have those kind of "units" already, but also have such
classified flow of control of information oozing out of things like the
Pentagon that we just don't advertise them.

Hit men with uniforms.  The new America.

I hear your points, the only problem is that we are trying to stop
unnecessary and invented wars, not diminish the number of troops.

We can never stop such imbecilic wars while we continue to enlist more
people to fight them.

If you want to stop an out of control tank running over men women and
children 10,000 miles away, all you have to do is remove the driver.

My concept is not to find ways to help the Pentagon out of its
megalomaniacal death scenarios which it cannot fully deploy for lack of
personnel, but to turn the Pentagon into something useful like a
humanitarian force and put the International Red Cross over them as their
superiors, as it should be.

And to disband such things as White Houses who command them to go and kill
and conquer and destroy in the name of Freedom, Liberty, and Justice, which
has now become the world's deadliest global joke.

The OLD men, and women, who concoct, start and perpetuate various wars
should be REQUIRED to go fight them after they hatch them from their *nuses.

And let the YOUNG people stay at home, finally, and build a real country.

But, alas, the old people are too set in their ways and egotistical and
prefer to sit comfortably at home and toast champagne, cheer, pat each other
on the back, wave the red white and blue inbetween prayers to the holy ones,
and laugh about their conquests as the young people lay in the mud overseas
somewhere and scream "Medic..!!" with their dying breaths.

Some things never change.

Plus there will always be teenagers who are stupid enough to enlist.

And there will always be adults who are ruthless enough to enlist them.

And there will always be Congressmen who are jubilant enough to use our
taxes to fund the entire process.

The main reason, it seems sometimes, that we need need need more more more
ground personnel in unnecessary and invented wars is not to actually secure
an area (we can do that from a million miles away with missiles and nuclear
warheads etc) but is to look good for the press photos on the ground holding
a now parentless child on their lap giving them a candy bar so the Insanos
at The Top will be able to pull the heart strings of the people back home
who finance such wars, and continue to, endlessly, get their financing, as
they point to the "supreme sacrifice" our ground personnel have made in the
name of "Truth, Justice, and The American Way".

War "on the ground" must be made unpalatable.

Then the "Glory" and "Sacrifices" of such unnecessary and invented wars will
no longer be able to be touted as the reason to continue them.

And then the White House, the State Department, The Pentagon, The Media,
Etc, will no longer have a reason to hide the coffins coming back home from
the people who paid for them all.

Give people with names like Bush, Cheney, Rice, Feith, Wolfowitz, Rove,
Rumsfeld, Etc a gun and put them on the ground 10,000 miles away.

All wars everywhere will end overnight.

Cheeseburger

- Stop "For God and Country" glory wars.  Remove the drivers.