[Mb-civic] Angry Conservative Mobs With High Technology

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Feb 13 23:27:48 PST 2005

Angry Conservative Mobs With High Technology

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/14/technology/14cnn.html?

Wow, it's good to be king, eh..?  Lol...  Let them eat cake..!!  Off with
their heads..!!

Well.......  This article could be titled so many things, but I liked the
point that in the midst of eliminating Jordan's career by blog, the right
wing blogger mobsters also managed to virtually eliminate the original
concept of the apparent ease with which an apology slips from the well-fed
lips of Pentagon officials when our own Military accidentally shoots an
inconvient Journalist in the back of the head by mistaking them for the
enemy or just not bothering to see if any Journalists are hanging around
where they're dropping 500 ton bombs.

As if Apologies mean dip sh*t to dead people or their families.

"Uh, yeah, ok, we're sorry we couldn't read his name tag from 1,000 yards,
here's your flag for the coffin..."

Read both pages if you get a chance.  So many great lines in it, heh:

"Have we entered an era where our lives can be destroyed by a pack of wolves
hacking at their keyboards with no oversight, no editors, and no
accountability?"

"But there certainly are cases where an atmosphere of what, at best, you can
call indifference has led to deaths and other problems for journalists."

"The salivating morons who make up the lynch mob prevail,"

 "The increasing degree to which the news media were being drawn into the
nation's culture wars."

"The moral of the story: the media can't just cover up the truth and expect
to get away with it - and journalists can't just toss around allegations
without substantiation and expect people to believe them anymore."

Mr. Abovitz, who started it all, said he hoped bloggers could develop
loftier goals than destroying people's careers. "If you're going to do this
open-source journalism, it should have a higher purpose," he said. "At times
it did seem like an angry mob, and an angry mob using high technology,
that's not good."

"36 journalists, plus 18 translators who worked for journalists, had been
killed in Iraq since 2003. Of those 54, she said, at least nine died as a
result of American fire."

=====

Hey, one-sixth.....!!  Not bad..!!

Next year should be better.

Cheeseburger

- Ah, burp, yep, it's good to be king...  Peel me a grape, Beulah.  And
while you're at it, clean that journalist-skin lamp shade, spiders are
starting to weave their webs there, and I wouldn't want anything to obscure
my vision.......

  :|  :|