[Mb-civic] Polls are just polls of a small group

Harold Sifton harry.sifton at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 12 17:27:16 PST 2005

We all question polls, and the math involved.

The wording of the poll, and the numbers they poll.

In Canada a recent poll says a majority of Canadians are not very supportive of the US missile shield.

http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1108230336054_6?hub=topstories

The minority government in power (Liberal) wants to keep good relations with the US, the opposition party in power (Conservative) wants the shield because of economic opportunities.

But the Canadian people do not want to be dictated to by this current US administration. Canada does not have the same aggressive issues towards themselves that the US does. We are not a threatened nation, like the US is.

But we are threatened by the US if we do not support their programs.(with us or against us policy)

Canada is the US's number one trading partner, soon to be replaced by China, a country of slave labour. human rights abusers and nuclear missiles.

Canadians are confused by American values and economic interests!

This is a tough one, as I see it Corporate America is killing American values and liberty and any other country that does not embrace their national interest.

later H