[Mb-civic] America's Budget

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Thu Feb 10 21:19:21 PST 2005

Re:  America's Budget

Hunter wrote:

======
The President's budget is in the news.  The budget sets out the priorities
of the country and its people.  At least a quarter of the budget is to pay
for the U.S. military and associated endeavors.  The primary mission of the
military is to kill other human beings.  Every bomber, fighter plane, tank,
nuclear missile, division of soldiers, nuclear sub, spy satellite, special
forces covert operating group, rifle, surface to air missile, depleted
uranium bullet and literally thousands upon thousands of machines,
projectiles and groups of people are for the purpose of killing people.
Even the chaplains are there to help the efficiency of the killing, just as
the doctors are there to patch up the boys and send them back into the
fight.

What does this say about America....the Beautiful?
Patrick Hunter
======

That in a land of good, freedom and rights loving people, Fascism? has
finally come to its full power, cloaked in deceit, boldly sporting lies,
wrapped in the red white and blue, spouting God himself's words, and shoving
apple pie laced with arsenic down our throats as quickly as possible.

America is still beautiful, it remains our Leaders, and their MANY
accomplices, that have brought shame and destruction not only on ourselves,
but on the rest of the world as well.

And, still, yet, even in the middle of such dismal realizations, realities,
and future realities, there remains not one =workable= plan on the table to
reverse it, perhaps because the government itself has now been "taken over"
in an exuberant state of Finality.

Again, America has always been beautiful, I just never thought she would
make a good prostitute, spreading her legs so easily for Fascism without so
much as a whimper.

I stand corrected.

Any disappointment I might favor at this late date appears irrelevant.