[Mb-civic] michael wants you to see this.

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Mon Feb 7 20:10:53 PST 2005

Re:  michael wants you to see this.

======
michael thought you would like this site.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/020705Y.shtml
=======

What a both enlightening and beautiful piece of literature written in the
defense of real American moral values.

If I wasn't so far away, I almost wish I was in DC able to listen to such
orations live, it is inspirational, like when I was watching Jimmy Stewart
or someone in Mr. Deeds Goes To Washington.

I continue to regret that a majority of Americans never view such speeches
in their entirety, nor have or exercise access to such things as TruthOut.

As far as Gonzales, he was a murdering *ss when he worked for Bush as
Governor of Texas, he was a murdering *ss when he wrote those memos defining
"the new torture rules" which have set back respect for America centuries
around the globe among other things, and I'm rather sure he will continue to
be a completely irresponsible murdering *ss in his new job as U.S. Attorney
general, again working for Bush.

Try telling that (as one post here previously pointed out) to a majority of
Hispanics here, they don't want to hear it, all they know is that "he is one
of us", his crimes appear erased magically by Jesus or something.

It remains indelibly regrettable as well to me that most Americans still
have no idea that the entire basis for the now infamous and continuing
takeover of the "basic rule of law" (among other things) across this entire
nation, was forged long ago in some little place called Texas, where they
tried and tested it all out to make sure it worked just fine before they
expanded it nationwide.

Bush or no Bush, it still remains completely intact here, and although there
are many nice people in Texas, this is one place I would really like to exit
and go back to some semblance of sanity not based *solely* on prisons,
graft, bribery, extortion and kickbacks. a place which is obviously getting
harder to find in America.

It takes a complete and utter total lack of Morality itself to suavely
completely ignore the well-being of not only the people but the entire
nation of America itself while stocking up on money, jobs, influence and
favors that benefit one's self.

That people like that now currently inhabit the Presidency and the highest
law enforcement office in the land, the Attorney General's office, among
other higher echelon government positions, angers me, but it still appears
there is not much I can personally do to change that.

Nevertheless, I still sit here in the peanut gallery and applaud such
Congressmen who are at least coherent, brave, and patriotic enough to read
it all into the official record for History.

Cheeseburger

- "Yes, Miss Tangier, can you instruct us about the Bush administration..?"

   "Of course.  Ok, class, everyone turn to "A" for *sshole in their
textbooks, and we will examine the former blemishes on the buttocks of
Democracy..."