[Mb-civic] OP-ED COLUMNIST Marking Down Bin Laden By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Feb 6 13:30:42 PST 2005

Re:  OP-ED COLUMNIST Marking Down Bin Laden By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN

Friedman, do they *pay* you to write such crap for the NY Times, or do you
just do it because you have nothing else to do...?

Sure, we don't want to see foreign nationals, or anyone, blowing up our
people and buildings on mainland USA, but your perspective of the entire
matter is so skewered it makes me tired to even have to think up replies to
it.

Offering autographed pictures of Bush and Cheney for killing anyone, or for
even just *doing* anything anywhere, is a debasement to the human spirit to
begin with.  I'd rather have the millions of dollars any day.

Reducing the amount of the reward is not going to lessen the "legend status"
of people like bin-Laden that has already been thrown into the lives of
those who for centuries have only been looking for someone like him to
arrive on the scene, legitimate or not.

We had Billy The Kid, Bonnie And Clyde, etc etc etc, murderous etc etc etc,
they have bin-Laden.  It's like their Robin Hood at this late dismal point.

Their David in the face of our Goliath.

I am neither a fan of people like bin-Laden, his "legend", his stances, nor
the deadly results of his decisions.

However, I am also not a fan of people like Bush and Cheney who along with
so many others have guaranteed the CREATION of people like bin-Laden through
their own actions throughout The Middle East.

And THAT, Friedman, is the small tiny inconsequential FACT that you KEEP
leaving out of any and all of your essays that they print for you in the NY
Times.

And THAT continues to p*ss me off.

If it wasn't for people like AMERICA, ENGLAND, FRANCE, RUSSIA, and ETC
playing OIL and DEATH and MONEY and REAL ESTATE footsies with MONARCHIES,
DICTATORSHIPS, and TYRANTS like SAUDI ARABIA, IRAQ, SYRIA, ISRAEL, KUWAIT,
PAKISTAN, ETC ETC ETC, for like FOREVER, people like BIN-LADEN would not
even exist.

You NEED to at least print that at least ONCE in your continued ramblings
about the best way to get bin-Laden etc is to offer people over there
without a pot to p*ss in for centuries autographed pictures of the very
people who have helped to keep them in the lower echelons of existence on
this planet for just about forever.

There is so much OIL and other natural resources that the USA, among OTHERS,
wish to command in The Middle East, among OTHER places, that if people like
bin-Laden do not naturally arise out of the ashes, tyranny and destruction
that WE have assisted the host countries in promulgating against their own
populations forever, then we CREATE them, just as we helped to create
bin-Laden and the ATMOSPHERE over there from which he ascended into "legend
status".

If there is no one to fill a "legend status" as our "enemy" to give us an
excuse to prop up and topple regimes around the world for our own personal,
strategic and economic purposes, again, Friedman, we CREATE them.

We need SOME excuse to invade countries and take over their oil fields and
other resources.  Bin-Laden, as currently deadly as he might be, is only one
out of a string of such excuses.

But I thought you already knew all this kind of stuff, Friedman.

If you don't and are just an ignorant lackey for the right wing regime
currently raping both America and the World, then just come out and say so
instead of sitting there and typing and making an *ss of yourself.

This is BUSINESS, Friedman.

We don't want those "Middle East School Children" REALLY educated.

That would take away our edge to be able to rape their FUTURES endlessly by
taking advantage of their ignorance, poverty and powerlessness.

Just as we ALWAYS have.

Even in America.

Mmm mmm good....   Just the way our Tycoons like them.

Thanks for listening, Thomas.

Your pal,

Cheeseburger

- p.s.  You can take those pictures of Bush and Cheney and use them for
toilet paper.