[Mb-civic] Canadian Pension Plan and RRSP rules

Harold Sifton harry.sifton at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 3 16:58:12 PST 2005

Just an FYI my MB Civic Friends, Social Security is an issue here too!

Canadian Pension Plan

http://www.sdc.gc.ca/asp/gateway.asp?hr=en/isp/cpp/cpptoc.shtml&hs=cpr

General information about the Canadian Pension Plan

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/asp/gateway.asp?hr=en/isp/cpp/cppinfo.shtml&hs=cpr

The following link is the current RRSP rules, Registered Retired Savings Plan provided by a major Canadian Financial service provider.

http://www.scotiabank.com/cda/content/0,1608,CID664_LIDen,00.html

The reason why I am posting this, is that this is the Canadian situation, and existing opportunity/position provided by The Canadian Government.

It has it's challenges, and benefits.

The US Social Security program is challenged

The working Canadian has the opportunity through the RRSP plan to invest in their retirement future, with a tax relief.

Is there an American equivalent?