[Mb-civic] OP-ED COLUMNIST A Day to Remember By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Thu Feb 3 14:44:57 PST 2005

Re:  OP-ED COLUMNIST A Day to Remember By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN

Slop.

He mentioned the dead suicide bomber, with glee, he mentioned 10,000 dead
and wounded Americans.

He conveniently left out any mention whatsoever of any dead Iraqi (100,000
is the civilian body count estimate so far) civilian.

Dead civilians remain inconsequential untidy subject matters in the face of
the continued propaganda that we are over in Iraq doing someone other than
ourselves a favor.

I'm ashamed (anger and aghastness no longer work apparently) at American
and/or other media outlets who have taken up the propaganda ball that we
should now all look on the sunny side of life, every cloud has a silver
lining, and the power of positive thinking when relating the exultant
freedom pictures coming back from a skewered election in Iraq, when it
remains American, British, French, Russian, Etc's efforts over centuries and
decades in The Middle East that has brought the "extremist" pot to boil in
the first place.

American Media remains like American Corporations.

Neither wants to lay blame for catastrophes, wars, deaths, or mass
exterminations squarely at the feet of the creators of such disasters and
atmospheres where it belongs.

On themselves.

While convenient for pretty pictures of failed policies and continuing
photo-op propagandasizing, it remains a shame on the tainted typewriters
from which such slop spews.

The only problem with that is that the rest of the world does not look at
those who type it and point their collective fingers at them, but rather at
America as a whole.

That after numerous centuries and decades of various Americans' brains being
turned to slop in the process of such extended misguided purposeful
propaganda, indoctrination and brainwashing, it is no longer a surprise to
watch it being printed broadly as the cat's meow of sunny days.

The only missing distasteful unmentionable piece of the puzzle which nobody
seems to wish to talk about for some ungodly reason remains 100,000 dead civ
ilian men women and children laying somewhere in shallow graves in some
sunnydale place over the rainbow with the bluebirds called Iraq.

I realize responsibility is a long word, I just never realized journalists
were too lazy to type it.

I, among others, apparently have to take responsibility for our own actions,
and pay for them when we are in the wrong.

One can only look at the positive side of the matter when one realizes that
so many others are simply on a field trip collecting butterflies, dispensing
Freedom from a vending machine, and the only dead bodies that really count
are our own or those who shoot at us.

Everyone else inbetween, apparently, remains inconsequential, as do the
reasons we arrived in such a place to begin with.

Slop is slop.  Propaganda is Propaganda.  Friedman has again done his
country and humanity a disservice.

That he is definitely not alone in his efforts apparently remains treasonous
to even relate in public anymore in some far away place called America.

Shame is not a big enough word.

You shoot someone in the head (The Middle East), if they survive, you claim
victory.  If they die, it is solely their fault for mishandling their own
affairs.

Either way, you don't have to pay for something that is never your fault in
a neverending fairy tale which your publicists began working on before most
people on earth were born.

Redundant, but that American Journalists are actually part and parcel to The
New Shiny Propaganda accentuating anything positive in a craphole set of
events straight out of hell, remains one of the most shameful things I have
ever witnessed as an American.

Not that anybody cares, but, hey, I had a couple of minutes inbetween
blowhards tooting their horns of death that make no sound recognizable by
sane beings.