[Mb-civic] Bush says anti-war protests threaten to weaken the United States

Jef Bek jefbek at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 24 00:06:43 PDT 2005

There's a great photo with this article! Please click on the link!
It¹s exciting to me the our voices are being heard and that people who were
with George are starting to wake up!

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=581719e6-4f85
-48bb-a52c-615ef31355e7

Bush says anti-war protests threaten to weaken the United States

Canadian Press

August 23, 2005

Bill Moyer, 73, wears a "Bullshit Protector" flap over his ear while
President George W. Bush addresses the Veterans of Foreign Wars. (AP
Photo/Douglas C. Pizac)

DONNELLY, Idaho (AP) - President George W. Bush said Tuesday that anti-war
protesters such as Cindy Sheehan, who want U.S. troops brought home
immediately, are "advocating a policy that would weaken the United States."

In remarks to reporters outside an exclusive resort where he is vacationing,
Bush gave no indication that he would change his mind and meet with Sheehan
when he returns to his Texas ranch Wednesday evening.

 Sheehan, who lost a son in Iraq and has emerged as a harsh critic of the
war there, has been maintaining a vigil outside Bush's ranch that has
attracted other anti-war protesters.

 Bush said that two high-ranking member of his staff have already met with
her.