[Mb-civic] A Texas Apology To Cindy Sheehan

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at msn.com
Thu Aug 18 12:43:11 PDT 2005

Nice going Cheeseburger.....  :-))

peace,
barbara

-----Original Message-----
From: Cheeseburger
Sent: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 00:15:44 -0700
To: mb-civic
Subject: [Mb-civic] A Texas Apology To Cindy Sheehan

A Texas Apology To Cindy Sheehan

Dear Cindy,

Sorry.

Sorry about the person who ran down the crosses there on that little dirt
road with all the names of the soldiers who have died in Iraq so far.

Sorry about the 150 people who marched "against Cindy Sheehan" etc.  Their
Pride in certain things continues to supercede their Logic and/or Common
Sense.  They remain, even in their ignorant or willful actions, the kind of
people who are depended upon each time our Government decides to go to War
on the basis of shoelace dust.

Sorry about the guy who drove by in a pickup truck with a big American flag
on it with "Texas Is Bush Country" on the side of the truck.

I have a pickup truck with a big American flag on it (mine is much bigger
than that asshole's), and there is nothing on the side of it.  If there
*was* something on the side of it, it wouldn't be a political slogan for
mass murderers, nor implicating my State of Texas in such horrors, nor would
I be smiling as I rode past with it.

You'll have to forgive (you forgive them, I still consider them cocksuckers)
some Texans for being up in arms against a mother who has lost her son in a
now well-documented illegal war.

Due to their collective IQ's, that is the greatest cause they could come up
with in Texas to "protest" and "be against".

A grieving mother who has lost her son in a war holding up a sign on a dirt
road.

Not *all* Texans are assholes, Cindy.

Please try to remember that when you go back to California and Texans forget
that you ever even existed.

Many of their memories are only as long as the ATM machine, the dinner
table, and a nice cold 12 pack of beer from the fridge.

Again, their "Pride" in "all things military" will continue to supercede
their even brief concern for grieving mothers holding up signs on dirt roads
or even the children they have lost in illegal and illegitimate wars.

They are trained monkeys.

Just like a huge portion of Americans have been thoroughly indoctrinated
from birth to have "Blind Obedience To All Things Authoritarian".

Their respect for "political parties", "political agendas", "all things
authoritarian", or "all things military" will continue to supercede their
humanity, their logic, and their common sense, regardless if you are
standing on the side of a dirt road holding up a sign and grieving your son
or not.

They will always consider themselves as being "Right", in all matters, in
all instances.

And people like me, you, and your son, will remain "The Enemy" to them for
as long as they live.

I again apologize for such a concentration of them in Texas, but Texas has
been a breeding ground for such things since it Statehood in the mid 1800's.

Their main concern is money, power, duty, and military might.

Dead sons and grieving mothers simply do not enter into their picture.

I again apologize for some of those in my State giving you a hard time,
including the shitheels down the road in Crawford.

As you are never going to receive any apologies, nor even just mild
Understanding from any of the Right Wing in America or the Right Wing Media,
one can only hope you receive more apologies from people in other States.

Although we are becoming sparser and sparser, there are still some Real
people left in Texas who do not owe their allegiance to blind faith in mass
murderers nor their Systems.

Those of us Texans who are thusly, extend our warmest welcome to you in your
time of mourning and protest against those who have caused it.

You're always welcome on our front porches, and on our dirt roads, signs and
all.

Best wishes,