[Mb-civic] The man who doesn't mind that his son was used in Iraq

Jef Bek jefbek at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 17 10:41:59 PDT 2005

I was just watching MSNBC's connected. I like Ron Regan's views. They were
interviewing a man who has lost his son in Iraq, but he was on as a rebuttal
to Cindy Sheehan. He thinks his son died for a noble cause. I was so
frustrated with his comments I wrote the following letter to MSNBC:

Regarding the father who lost his son in Iraq: To me, he represents what is
painfully wrong with America. When it comes to war, a lot of Americans have
a sentimental, blind acceptance and a sort of glazed pride when it comes to
killing foreigners. The key points of this mans comments ³Bush said that we
will go after those who harbor terrorist² the fact is 15 of the 19 suicide
hijackers on 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia the rest were from Egypt. None of
them were from Iraq! Not ONE! Yet most Americans, like this man, have no
problem with Bush holding hands with and mouth kissing Saudi Arabian
leaders! Ron Regan asked this man, ³If it turns out that we went to Iraq on
false pretences, would that bother you?² the mans response; ³No, we¹re in a
fight, it doesn¹t matter why!² Can you imagine how dense this way of
thinking is? If you see a man on the street pounding someone, you ask him
why, he says ³he looks like some one who reminds me of someone who killed my
friend 40 years ago. It doesn¹t matter why I¹m hitting him, I¹m just hitting
him, ok?²  It would be easy to conclude that this guy is a lunatic. The sad
thing to me is, America is heavily populated with morons like this who see
war as a glorious United States tradition. The Bush administration saw this
as a reliable marketing base and is playing right into it, to Hell with The
Downing Street Memo (the facts were FIXED around the policy!), to Hell with
the 9/11 commission findings (There is no credible evidence connecting Iraq
to 9/11), they know that even given the facts about Bush¹s corruption and
murderous policies, the bible thumping morons of this country will acquiesce
to what ever propaganda this administration wants to catapult at them.

Thank you,
Jef Bek
Concerned global citizen