[Mb-civic] Psychological Warfare? A Debate on the Role of Mental Health Professionals in Military Interrogations at Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib and Beyond

hecate at diamonddragon.com hecate at diamonddragon.com
Fri Aug 12 06:20:40 PDT 2005

Hecate  ( hecate at diamonddragon.com )
sent you this story from democracynow.org

each person, each detainee has had kind of a psychological assessment and a plan kind of created for interrogating him, depending on his weaknesses and vulnerabilities

|  Psychological Warfare? A Debate on the Role of Mental Health Professionals in Military Interrogations at Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib and Beyond
|  http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/08/11/1335217

As the American Psychological Association kicks off its national convention, a debate is raging in the mental health community over the role of psychologists in military interrogations. We host a debate with the director of ethics at the APA Stephen Behnke, British medical ethicist Michael Wilks, and renowned psychiatrist Robert Jay Lifton. [includes rush transcript]
This story continues at: