[Mb-civic] Reza on "Freedom"

Michael Butler michael at michaelbutler.com
Mon Apr 25 15:31:33 PDT 2005

------ Forwarded Message
From: Golsorkhi <grgolsorkhi at earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:55:50 -0400
To: <michael at michaelbutler.com>
Subject: Re: FREEDOM

On 4/25/05 11:50 AM, "Michael Butler" <michael at michaelbutler.com> wrote:

> Michael Butler's Blog
>
> http://www.michaelbutler.com/mbblog.html

Michael,

I always enjoying hearing or reading your views on any number of topics,
even though I don't necessarily always agree with you.  We have known each
other for many, many years and, what I enjoy most is our agreement to
disagree.

Not being Christian and generally not having much faith in either
Christianity or Islam, because both of which in my eyes manipulate and abuse
the very people they are to guide and teach.  I feel, however, that you are
being too harsh on this new Pope, simply because he was the last Pope's
'enforcer' or may have been influenced by the events of the 1960's.  Give
him time, he may yet surprise you.

If as you believe the inquisition will be upon us, I say, maybe it will not
be a bad thing, if at a minimum, it helps eliminate predator priests.

I know you do not have much love for either Nixon or Bush, but the selection
of a conservative Pope should not let your prejudice of this past and
present President cloud your judgment.  Remember, if Nixon had not been
caught, he too, like Kennedy, would have been treated less harshly by the
media and history.  Nixon would not have been elevated to sainthood by the
liberal press, but would not be vilified either.  We must keep in check our
emotions simply because we do not like the Pope because he doesn't meet our
expectations.  We have no way of knowing whether a 'Latin' Pope would be
less or more "liberal" in his view or in enforcing the Church's doctrine??

As always with my best regards,

Reza

------ End of Forwarded Message