[Mb-civic] Re: Four Top Officers Cleared by Army in Prison Abuses

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Apr 24 05:00:39 PDT 2005

Re:  Four Top Officers Cleared by Army in Prison Abuses

======
WASHINGTON, April 22 - A high-level Army investigation has cleared four of
the five top Army officers overseeing prison policies and operations in Iraq
of responsibility for the abuse of detainees there, Congressional and
administration officials said Friday.
=======

*snip*

This remains one of my pet peeves.  Anything similar to a Democracy can't
really operate properly with an actual Military that is no longer under the
control of nor subservient to The People Themselves.

We need a military, and to provide adequately for them, but we don't need
one that gulps down our budget each year, investigates itself, lets the
dogfaces at the bottom take the main rap for torturing, abusing, and
murdering civilians and prisoners, things that people like Alberto Gonzales,
Rumsfeld, Etc consider somewhere near the equivalent of kicking a dog,
becoming an actual Separate Society within American Life As We Know It
answerable to almost nobody anymore, and that throws our tax dollars into
cool new Technology that fries the water under your skin, explodes your
heart, or put thoughts into your actual cranium.

That our own Military, and its misuse and abuse therein, and about, has
become one of America's worst nightmares ever has to surely be realized by
The People here some day.

That is, if they want to remain anywhere near anything called Free within
anything mildly resembling anything labelled a Democracy.

Yes, that is how bad it actually is now, imho, in the short run, in the long
run, and in the grand scheme of things.

America, just like Hannibal, is truly at the gates of the world.

That its own gates are no longer safe from itself, now on so many levels and
in so many areas, including our now out of control self-investigating
Military, remains a major problem.

Whether Rome "fell from within" or not, it's too obvious now sitting here
watching all the little pieces of America falling one by one and realizing
our country is falling from forces within that various people standing
beside us created and lost control of, passed control of, or whatever, of
the forces we ourselves created to ensure our own perpetuity.

That actual Lies, Propaganda, We Investigate Ourselves, and Etc's are now
well in place throughout our Entire Government including Our Military to
ensure the permanent fall of anything resembling a Democracy within America,
should make the average American shudder, yet, again, they are so busy just
trying to make ends meet each week, and remain permanent prey to Mainstream
Media, that they hardly seem to even notice.

Oh well, again, as you already know, just the tip of a tiny iceberg among a
sea of them.  If you're looking for Justice, Equality, Liberty, Truth,
Sanity, Etc, I don't really know what to tell you.  Nobody else is going to
make that kind of stuff for you but yourself, and the rest of the Millions
of The People sitting out there in AmericaLand.  Now if you only had a way
to Communicate with them, which you don't....  They, this "We create our own
reality, actual reality has nothing to do with us if we disagree with it
whether it is in the best interests of America or not" goose-stepping hacks
do, all of them, but you don't.  Your Military is scouting, soliciting and
shmoozing the young teenagers in High Schools all across the USA for
enlistment while they're blowing up Italian journalists and entire wedding
parties in Iraq while someone named bin-Laden is still in Pakistan or
somewhere sipping tea and watching the sunrise on the desert, and your own
taxes pay for all that and everything else they do including all the most
technologically advanced weapons in the most powerful military in the world
which is currently taking orders from the closest things we've had to
"Hitlers" here in a while, and you can't even get it together to send the
same people, or even just their parents, One Little F*cking Post Card.
Fascinating.    Such is Life, and all that knowledge and a nickel still only
gets you the greased up pig behind the whorehouse in Guadalajara.

Cheeseburger

- We no longer get what we pay for...  Is that a problem, sir...?  Uhh,
yeah, it is, we thought we were paying into and buying a Democracy and
Freedom and Etc for ourselves and those that came after us, and our own
people wound up screwing the crap out of us...  And you have a problem with
that, sir..?  Yes, yes I do...  Can I see some identification, please,
sir...  Uhhh... yeah, sure, here...   Yeah, Charlie, I got some guy named
Horace T. Cheeseburger in his underwear here at the park preaching to the
sleeping pigeons, run an I.D. on him and let me know...  Will do...  So,
your name is Cheeseburger, eh...?  Yes, it is, you have a problem with
that...?  Yes, yes I do, I'm a Republican...  Oh, ok....   Ok....    Ok.....
Ok......       :|     Yeah, Rupert, this is H.Q., no outstanding warrants,
clean as a whistle, but he is on "The List"...  Ah, I thought so, it
figures, thanks, Charlie...  Ok, Mr. Cheeseburger, face down on the ground,
cross your ankles, and put your hands behind your back...   I have
witnesses, the pigeons are watching, you know...  No, you don't, they're all