[Mb-civic] Re: The Calm Before the Storm?

EAN at sbcglobal.net EAN at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 13 15:17:47 PDT 2005

My opinion---this type of nonsense is polluting the
minds of "well educated" Americans who read the NY
Times.  (I'm not advocating censorship, just wanting
some sane opinion and fact printed alongside this
gibberish).  Invading 1st Afghanistand and then Iraq
was fulfilling Osama's wildest dreams and an
incredible boon for recruitment of antiAmerican
terrorists.  Our attempts at setting up a puppet govt
there, with multiple (at least a dozen) large
permanent military bases in Iraq will not exactly be
what is needed to "win" the "war on terrorism."  On
the other hand, immediate complete withdrawl of all
US troops followed by reparations to Iraq for the
damage and disaster we have caused just might cool
off the billions of folks worldwide who root for
Osama over W because of our policies...And that's the
point--terrorism grows or shrinks largely because of
the support and recruitment it gets from all the
folks who aren't terrorist but who hate (or don't)
the American govt and what it stands for...Mha Atma

Op-Ed Columnist: The Calm Before the Storm?
By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN

I've got a theory about why there have been no
terrorist attacks in the U
.S. since 9/11, and about why this pause may be
coming to an end.