[Mb-civic] NanoRobots - Ray Kurzweil on Living Forever and Other Subjects

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Fri Apr 8 01:34:37 PDT 2005

NanoRobots - Ray Kurzweil on Living Forever and Other Subjects

http://reason.com/hod/rb110900.shtml

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/health/082103_hs_nanomedicine.html

=======

CheeseNote:  Interesting reading.  Can you actually envision billions of
nanorobots roaming your body keeping it alive forever...?  Among other
things they talk about above..?  That 1st one (from the old year of 2000) at
reason.com is interesting, the 2nd site is just a fan of Kurzweil's I
presume, quoting some of his rather outlandish quotes.  I'm sure there's
several other websites somewhere expanding on all this.

Comforting? to know that beside those that are literally bringing us to the
reality of tiny "nanorobots" actually joining with the human body, there are
already those who are labelling several related fields, including that one,
as nothing short of dangerous beyond conception.

In the future, if you have enough money, one assumes, you will literally be
able to live forever, in perfect health, forever.

Oh well, looks like I'm screwed, lol.  I'll just pass on to the other side
and stare in the future at the humanobots the scientists of this world are
already predicting will one day rule over us.

That should definitely wind up being more cool than any sci-fi flick I've
seen thus far, lol.

Oh well, great article, robots operating in the human body at the actual
molecular level, among other offshoot goals and results that scientists are
already working on this very moment.  In the article, they are already
saying that this technology is much closer than we think (of being merged
with us), and they should know, as they are the ones creating it themselves.

If you can think about the size of an actual Molecule for just a second, and
then envision a tiny robot the same size, computer controlled and
programmed, and then imagine billions of them being able to be injected into
your body and obey and do various tasks instantaneously and upon command,
and then sit around today and actually listen to scientists not talking
about creating them, but how they are going to use them once they're
finished perfecting them, well, heh, it's more interesting, at least
sometimes, than contemplating one's shoe laces.

The only drawback, is that I think I have a few nanorobots (or something,
eek!!)  in me already, lol.

And they thought they were creating something new.

Heh....  Go figure.  Gotta love that CIA.  Lol.........

:o

Oh well, Progress, hehe, wait until the Pentagon etc gets hold of them.
Then the party can really begin.

:|

Cheeseburger

-  Daddy..?  Yes, Cheeseburger..?  What happens when you die..?  Is it
bad...?  No, it's not, Cheeseburger.  It's just like walking from one room
to another...  But do you know what's over there on the other side...?  No,
nobody does...  But how do you know there's something on the other side,
daddy..?  I just know, Cheeseburger...  You can just feel it sometimes,
can't you..?  The soul is forever...  It doesn't die when your body dies...
It goes on to the other world...  I think there's a loose robot in me
somewhere, daddy...  You've been reading those comic books again that I
brought you, aren't you...?  Yes, yes I am...  Ok, here, give me those,
you're going to have nightmares...  Ok....  Here, now, I'll tell you some
more stories about the war, way back before there were robots in people...
Ok, daddy...  Allright, let's begin with the forgotten 100,000 dead civilian
men women and children in Iraq...  Oh, I'm so tired of that one, though,
daddy, all the kids make fun of me at school and call me a liar and say that
it never happened and you're crazy when I tell them that one...  Just pay
them no mind, Cheeseburger, I was there, I saw it all...  Ok, but will you
tell me the one about the dogs eating the dead bodies over there cuz they
were so hungry, too...?  Yes, Cheese, I will, then you can go to sleep and
have nice dreams all night...  Ok, daddy...  Ok....  Ok....   Ok......