[Mb-civic] White Buffalo

Lyle K'ang lyve at netzero.com
Thu Sep 30 13:28:02 PDT 2004

Sadly, she calls through her spirit now. She calls all people for commonality. She calls for intervention not segregation, hate or bewilderment.

People-the last of the species of animal...are reluctant to feel, even during moments like these. It is not the meat of the buffalo but the head of wisdom that speaks.

Some hear her, some mourn her, some are dumbfounded. I remember her saying, 'call upon all man-kind, put  your weapons away and look to the spirit to build your consciousness. We have to build our consciousness for without consciousness we will never see nor realize our higher-consciousness-which simply speaking are the plants to plants, and animal to animal.'

Feel the song between us-it rises and follows 'Miracle' like magic.

Rest in Peace oh, white buffalo and guide us,

Lyle K'ang

-- barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net (Barbara Siomos) wrote:
By Catherine W. Idzerda/Gazette Staff

Miracle is gone.

Miracle the buffalo, the symbol of peace, died at 11:07 p.m. Sunday on
the Dave and Valerie Heider
farm in Janesville. "She became sick on Friday,"
Dave Heider said. "She was off her feed and  became lethargic." The vet
was with Miracle for
much of last weekend but couldn't save her. "We
don't believe she was suffering," Heider said Friday
afternoon. "It looked like she was resting peacefully."

The vet and Valerie Heider were with Miracle when
she died. It is not known why Miracle died, and the
Heiders thought it would be inappropriate to do an
autopsy. "I really don't know what happened; she's
always been small," Dave Heider said. Miracle was
buried in an unmarked grave. The Heiders may plan
a memorial service at a later date and haven't decided on a grave
marker.

Miracle was born on Aug. 20, 1994. She was the
first all-white buffalo born since 1933. A white
buffalo is a sacred figure to some American Indians.
According to a Lakota Sioux legend, the return of
the female white buffalo calf heralded an era of
peace and understanding among the people of the
Earth.

Her appearance caused an influx of visitors from all
over the world to the 45-acre farm at 2739 S. River
Road. People tramped up and down the farm lane
at all hours of the night. The phone rang constantly.
The Heiders had to set aside part of their land for
parking.

The attention was exhausting. In an 1999 interview,
Heider talked about the days after Miracle's birth:
"We figured after three months it would all dry up
and go away. Now, we know better. Sometimes, I
regret it." But his attitude changed, and he came to
feel blessed by Miracle's presence. "We met people
from all over the world," Heider said. "We had
opportunities that we never would have had before."

The Heiders have played host to 300 tribes from all
over the world including the Masai of Africa, the Aztecs of Mexico and
aborigines from Australia. The
Sioux, the Cree and the Ho Chunk are just a few
of the tribes that have been to their home.

Over the years, Miracle turned black, red and yellow. Part of the legend
said that the white
buffalo would turn different colors to reflect all
human races. Miracle had three calves, Millennium,
Lady Miracle, Mitakuye Oyasin- which means "We
Are All Related in the Sacred Hoop of Life" in the
Nakota Sioux language.

In August, about 300 people visited the Heider farm
for her 10th birthday. Many visitors said Miracle
represented hope in time of war. "The legend
doesn't say anything about Miracle dying," Heider
said. "Buffalos can live to be 25 to 30 years old."
Heider delayed releasing the news for the better
part of a week because he and his wife had to go on a business trip and
they were still adjusting to
their own shock and sadness.

"I really don't know how you can love an animal that
much that you couldn't touch. She wasn't tame, you
know, she was basically a wild animal," Heider said.
"It's hard to put into words; I don't know how to
explain it. It's like losing a close friend or relative."