[Mb-civic] Bush Sign Goes Down!

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Tue Sep 28 22:26:00 PDT 2004

Re:  Bush Sign Goes Down!

Alexander Harper wrote:

"I meant that I enjoyed Cheeseburger's polemic (does the use of this word
put me on a par with 'hubris' users?)"

Well...  hehe, yes, yes it does....  LOL.....

"Hubris", again, sounds like a damn flower or something (I like flowers),
and tends to make me think that although it is truly a "legitimate word",
it is part of a conspiracy to subdue the full effective meanings of the
words known and used by a majority of The Masses for quite some period of
time now.

You don't seem to find many homies in the hood, people on the street in
"everyday life" using it that often, or hear it coming over the pulpits of
America, etc.  If you do, then it's catching on like hula hoops, except
much more subtlely damaging to more than just the sacroiliac whatever, like
the entire general acceptance of clear meanings of words themselves.

(Go ahead, file this all in the "New Conspiracy Theories" file, I don't
care, hehe...)

Normally I just see it coming from those involved in, interested in etc a
political genre, or just looking through the window at it.

Let's just take a look see for a sec though....

"Man, dude, I oughtta bust a cap in your ass...."
"Hey, homey, hang on there a minute, I have never seen such hubris
emanating from you before, what's up with that...?"
"Don't go givin' me none of that long-winded polemic stuff, just square up
so we be smokin again..."

"And I tell you again, no, there is no way into heaven except through the
light.  The darkness is everywhere and seeks your soul.  You must remain
awake, alert, listen to the good words hidden inside you.  The hubris of
the devil is always watching, waiting for you to trip, sitting there with a
polemic from hell tempting your untrained ear away from the truth..."

"I just got back from the supermarket, dear..."
"That's nice..."
"You wouldn't believe the hubris of the checkout person though..."
"What's that..."
"Yes, I had a twenty and they wouldn't change it.  I was so splenetic over
their complete lack of coadjuvancy that I almost broke off one of their
condyle."
"Well, did you do your best to be propitious and inveigling, dear...?"
"Yes, yes I did, but they still insisted on being contumelious and spewing
forth fustian..."
"Honey, do I have to sit here and listen to this polemic, or are we going
to have supper tonight...?"

I dunno...  I got a sick feeling that "hubris" is just the beginning.  :|

Well, hehe, lol, all in all, I'm sure it's not a sin to know all the words,
or many of the words that are not "commonly used" by a majority of The
Masses, in the English language (England Out Of Ireland..!!), or use them.

It just seems rather interesting to observe that some do and some do not
use them, either knowing or being completely oblivious to the basic fact
that many many many of The Masses still have to look such things up in the
dictionary, especially if one was speaking to The Masses to begin with.

It's almost equated with discussing quantum physics with an 8 year old kid,
besides the useful side effect that some might actually go out and look it
up in a dictionary and learn "of" and/or "about" a "new" word.

No biggie, I just find it humorous sometimes, heh...  :)

It's a reflection of something like some kind of aberrant 3 card monte of
"misuse" of the Common Language so many of us grew up with and have used
most of our lives.

See, even "aberrant" approaches the same level, LOL......

"Hubris", I dunno...  Sounds like a word that shot out of the Queen's ass
or something.

I'm not kissin' her butt either...

Oh well, so much for words.

There are literally a *vast* amount of words that one does not normally use
in conversation "In America", nor write with, nor communicate with on a
personal, business, or speechmaking level.

"Hubris" and "Polemic" are just the two I have singled out which I have
heard most from lately, hehe...

"Polemic", by the way, sounds like some nasty European game played in the
bedroom with kitchen utensils on a weekend....

:)

Although, in closing, I consider the word "polemic" more "well-used" than
"hubris".

Not that any of it matters, but it's something to do when the ghouls and
goblins are on the prowl.

Now I finally realize why they put Halloween right before Presidential
Elections.

Anyway, about "Viva Bush", you were right, my spanish is slacking again, it
means "Long Live Bush" approximately.

One can only hope it is in a prison cell beside Dick Cheney and Karl Rove
and Gang.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.