[Mb-civic] From Role Model to International Bully in Three Short Years

michael at intrafi.com michael at intrafi.com
Mon Sep 27 10:46:56 PDT 2004

This story was sent to you by: michael butler

ROLE MODEL TO BULLY IN 3 SHORT YEARS

--------------------
>From Role Model to International Bully in Three Short Years

In September 2001, Europe wept for us. Now it won't even play baseball.

By Frederic Morton
Frederic Morton is author of "A Nervous Splendor: Vienna, 1888-1889," among other works. His memoir "Waltzing With My Father" will be published by Simon & Schuster next spring.

September 27 2004

"How is your baseball team doing?" I asked my young bank teller friend in Vienna recently.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-morton27sep27,1,649752.story

Visit Latimes.com at http://www.latimes.com